Changes to 2014 Schedule

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Re: Schedule change

New schedule for the lazy:

Aug. 30 — North Dakota State
Sept. 6 — *Kansas State
Sept. 13 — at Iowa (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series)
Sept. 27 — *Baylor
Oct. 4 — *at Oklahoma State
Oct. 11 — Toledo (Homecoming)
Oct. 18 — *at Texas
Oct. 30/Nov. 1 — *Oklahoma
Nov. 8 — *at Kansas
Nov. 22 — *Texas Tech
Nov. 29 — *West Virginia
Dec. 6 — *at TCU

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames

Thank you Big 12 and ISU! Without this change KSU would have had two bye weeks in a row and then none until late in the season.

Last edited:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

K-State is our second game now? Very interesting! I like out chances of finally taking them out since we return a lot of starters from last year and I'm just assuming K-State will be young/trying to mend in all of their jucos. Plus Toledo for homecoming should almost guarantee us a homecoming victory so that's nice.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011

I still don't understand why there has to be a hiatus in September and October when the weather is possibly above zero so that they can play in November and December when they're most likely going to freeze their you-know-what's off. What is the logic behind this? I think whoever schedules stuff like this should be made to stand outside during every game in November and December with no blankie.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I know I've got my red and gold glasses on here, but I see 8 potential wins there. I don't think we'll win all 8, but there's 8 I see is having a shot at.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale

I know I've got my red and gold glasses on here, but I see 8 potential wins there. I don't think we'll win all 8, but there's 8 I see is having a shot at.
Even six may be high. I'm not saying we can't or won't win more but we shouldn't really be disappointed with 5 or even 4. Keep in mind we won 3 games this year and two straight at the end of the year. We also will have new coaches which may struggle in the first year.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013

That sounds familiar. I think I started hearing it about this time last year.:swoon:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Even six may be high. I'm not saying we can't or won't win more but we shouldn't really be disappointed with 5 or even 4. Keep in mind we won 3 games this year and two straight at the end of the year. We also will have new coaches which may struggle in the first year.

Oh, I'd be thrilled with 6. I'm just saying there's only four games here that I think it would take a miracle to win. Depending on our OC move, I think 5-6 wins would be our general window this season. Maybe one less or one more, depending how the cards fall. I certainly am expecting more than 3 wins though.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Are we really penciling in an FCS game as a loss right now? Maybe I am a hopeless optimist but I see a 2-2 start.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Ugh, so we play FCS #1, KSU, Iowa and Baylor? Unless we get a lot better, we're staring a likely 0-4 start right in the face.

I'd rather be tested early, than possibly starting well and hitting some long skid mid-season.

It was initially a stretch of Iowa, Baylor, at Oklahoma State, Kansas State, at Texas and Oklahoma.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
This is great news!

1. More nice weather Big 12 tailgate.
2. Better chance at beating kansas state. They improve a lot as the season goes along.
3. Toledo is hopefully an additional defacto bye week mid season.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'd rather be tested early, than possibly starting well and hitting some long skid mid-season.

It was initially a stretch of Iowa, Baylor, at Oklahoma State, Kansas State, at Texas and Oklahoma.

Otoh, sometimes it can be nice to rack up some wins early and have at least some excitement.... and not rack up injuries vs stronger teams that then make it harder to clean up on the easier teams.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I do not think we should chalk up OU as a loss. Their offensive skill positions are not that great. Their lines are decent but as long as Heupel is their OC the offense in Norman will not be great. I put this as a legit toss up game right now.

NoJantzesLeft

Oct 6, 2012
Ames, IA

K-State is our second game now? Very interesting! I like out chances of finally taking them out since we return a lot of starters from last year and I'm just assuming K-State will be young/trying to mend in all of their jucos. Plus Toledo for homecoming should almost guarantee us a homecoming victory so that's nice.

I wish we could just say that there is no way we will lose homecoming now… :sad: