Change maybe/ maybe not....

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

GBC

Apr 10, 2006
Feel free to add or subtract from this list, i don't know much about assistant coaches. Maybe we have one on our staff T.J Otzelberger? I am sure there are some great assistant coaches that could be added to this list feel free to add or subtract from this list.

1. Keno Davis at Providence age 37

2a. Brian Gregory at Dayton age 42

2b. Ben Jacobsen at UNI age 39

2c. Randy Bennett at St. Marys age 47

3a. Fran McCaffery at Siena age 50

3b. Tim Floyd a hornets assistant age 55

3c. Mike Davis at UAB age 50

3d. Karl Hobbs at George Washington age 48

4a. Dave Rose at BYU age 52

4b. Blaine Taylor
at Old Dominion age 52

5. Cameron Dollar at Seattle age 34

6. Stew Morrill at Utah St. age 57

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
How many times is this exact same thread going to be reinvented?

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Feel free to add or subtract from this list, i don't know much about assistant coaches. Maybe we have one on our staff T.J Otzelberger? I am sure there are some great assistant coaches that could be added to this list feel free to add or subtract from this list.

4b. Blaine Taylor
at Old Dominion age 52

The same Cameron Dollar that pushed off on Jacy? I had no idea he was coaching.

GBC

Apr 10, 2006
i never saw anything as far as a list on any other posts. I was looking for an actual list of legit candidates. This post got moved into the postgame thread and it warranted its own discussion. If you don't like the post just ignore it.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
its no better than those who come in and just ***** and whine (as opposed to a reasonable discussion) after a game. Neither are productive for discussion.

I don't think this is a productive topic. Its not even financial possible.

I think that some people just want to bash as much as possible in different ways.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't think this is a productive topic. Its not even financial possible.

That is not an absolute fact. Yes, mcdermott has a buyout that's expensive. However, what is the cost in terms of lost ticket sales, lost concessions and merchandise sales, and over the long term, lost fans? Can you imagine what itd cost if Hilton started looking like carver?

Reactions: RayShimley

dualforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 9, 2007
Grimes, IA

4b. Blaine Taylor
at Old Dominion age 52

Why would Keno Davis want this job? He would more than likely be taking a pay cut to take it. He started at Providence making $1 Million per year and McDermott started at ISU making $650,000. McDermott made just over $800,000 in 2009.

belmond64

Oct 5, 2008
Coach McD. knew that Pomelee was going to be a jerk, Boozer was going to tear his ACL against Texas, Stiager was going to Germany, and Vander Beeken was going to have a medical reshirt. How would Bill Self had done yesterday if Collins at gone to Germany, Morningstar had gotten an ACL against Baylor the other night and Pollard had a medical redshirt, and another one of their players had to be released because of attitude? What if we had all of our players and Kansas was working with what was just stated? Coach McD. did not make all of those things happen and to think that we would want Floyd after what he did at Southern Cal. What are we about anyhow? That is why I enjoyed the thread yesterday praising our players work and and attitude

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Coach McD. knew that Pomelee was going to be a jerk, Boozer was going to tear his ACL against Texas, Stiager was going to Germany, and Vander Beeken was going to have a medical reshirt. How would Bill Self had done yesterday if Collins at gone to Germany, Morningstar had gotten an ACL against Baylor the other night and Pollard had a medical redshirt, and another one of their players had to be released because of attitude? What if we had all of our players and Kansas was working with what was just stated? Coach McD. did not make all of those things happen and to think that we would want Floyd after what he did at Southern Cal. What are we about anyhow? That is why I enjoyed the thread yesterday praising our players work and and attitude

What kind of fan are you? Fanbases have no room for people that actually root for their team.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site

yeah, like we'd be sooo much better with those guys.... :skeptical:

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
yeah, like we'd be sooo much better with those guys.... :skeptical:

We would be. Look the Mcd haters can find the negative in anything, seriously the man could win out the rest of the season, take us to the Sweet 16 and you guys would want him canned for letting Colvin play after you were mad he suspended him.

The JVB loss hurts more than people realize, he was another deep threat plus a threat down low which freed up Brackins. For the love of God we played the number 3 team in the country last night with freaking 8 players who have a scholarship. I know yesterday sucked and was pathetic, but none of the coaches on that list would have won yesterday.

Reactions: aauummm

Help Support Us

Become a patron