Chances of landing Raridon

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
How is ND able to pull in all these great Iowa kids? Aren't there more talented kids in California, Ohio, East Coast, or Chicago that they can go after? Those are there big recruiting grounds.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Well if your son told you "Clifford only went to Iowa State because of his girlfriend" then he is 100% wrong. He's always been an Iowa State fan and always been interested in their football program. I'd venture to say his girlfriend had about .0001 percent influence on him. I used to talk to him multiple times a week about recruiting during football season, and not once did his girl friend come up. Saying he went to Iowa State because of his girlfriend is disrespectful to him and Iowa State.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
He really likes Reese Morgan and liked the Family vibe at Iowa. Nebraska is a legacy thing.

That is said about every visit by every kid visiting any college program in the country. It's quite possibly the most over used cliche in all of collegiate recruiting.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Well if your son told you "Clifford only went to Iowa State because of his girlfriend" then he is 100% wrong. He's always been an Iowa State fan and always been interested in their football program. I'd venture to say his girlfriend had about .0001 percent influence on him. I used to talk to him multiple times a week about recruiting during football season, and not once did his girl friend come up. Saying he went to Iowa State because of his girlfriend is disrespectful to him and Iowa State.
I'm not saying it's the case in this situation, but guys rarely admit they are following their girlfriend to college...especially when they are athletes being recruited elsewhere.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Is this guy a brother or relative of the Raridon that went to Wisconsin?

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I'm not saying it's the case in this situation, but guys rarely admit they are following their girlfriend to college...especially when they are athletes being recruited elsewhere.

I'm aware but that's not how Cliff rolls really. His dad teaches at Iowa State. He's always just planned on going there.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Shocked this is getting zero attention. The best recruit in the state and maybe the best in state OL recruit in years commits to Nebraska and nobody is talking about it? Strange...

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Shocked this is getting zero attention. The best recruit in the state and maybe the best in state OL recruit in years commits to Nebraska and nobody is talking about it? Strange...

Iirc, ISU was not in the running nor were we for the older brother. They're not interested in us and we're not interested in them. Matt Farniok on the other hand...

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Iirc, ISU was not in the running nor were we for the older brother. They're not interested in us and we're not interested in them. Matt Farniok on the other hand...

This is false. Raridon unofficially visited ISU multiple times, had a good relationship with the coaches and had good things to say about ISU. I'm not saying him going elsewhere is a big shock, it's not, but to say there was no relationship (a good one at that) is totally false.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron