CFTV: Players discuss Allen Lazard's tweet and more

L

LincolnWay187

Are McDonalds employees being killed by police just for working there?

So which is it, by your own comments...is it police brutality or how they are being managed? It isn't even clear at this point making this whole thing even more absurd. More power to them if they want to tweet about these things after the game.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
So which is it, by your own comments...is it police brutality or how they are being managed? It isn't even clear at this point making this whole thing even more absurd. More power to them if they want to tweet about these things after the game.

Well it started as a few players taking a stand against racist policing. Then, Trump turned it into a thing where people had to take sides. After his tweet and speech the players that weren't kneeling, which was most, now would appear to be against the players that were or "for" a president who is clearly racist. This was a fairly small thing until Trump blew it up into something bigger.

• Agree
Reactions: Nothingman

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Randy can be a decent writer at times but he comes off a such an assclown, prolly worse than he actually is as person and a guy, that it just makes him sound like everyone who doesn't live in Iowa thinks we actually act.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So was Trump tweeting at Marshawn Lynch or Kapernick weeks ago? The whole thing is confusing and weird. I wish dudes would just do their job and not bring politics into it if thats what this one is even about.

You should do your job and keep your politics to yourself.

See how stupid that sounds.

You, me, and these multimillionaire athletes are all United States citizens and have a right to bring this up whenever they want.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
You should do your job and keep your politics to yourself.

See how stupid that sounds.

You, me, and these multimillionaire athletes are all United States citizens and have a right to bring this up whenever they want.

In a professional setting, you should keep your politics to yourself. I'm not talking about football players, but in a professional setting.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Should the kid serving you at McDonalds "have the stage" to spout off on his politics or take a knee before he serves you your food...
If he wants to kneel, why not? Although, no politics should ever be brought into the work place, Ever.

It makes it tough when the President of the United States brings it into your workplace, however, especially when the protest wasn't political, and hadn't been for almost a year, until said President made it so.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
In a professional setting, you should keep your politics to yourself. I'm not talking about football players, but in a professional setting.

That is you're opinion. I know plenty of professionals that routinely talk politics. Hell, I was at my restaurant client last night doing payroll and updating Quickbooks and was talking to a patron sitting next to me (I do my updates at their bar) and we had a good political conversation.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The equivalent to this NFL kneeling during the anthem in a professional setting would be like you taking a silent couple minutes at the start of your day to think about whatever injustice you choose. I don't think anyone would have an issue with that.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Best part about this whole kneeling thing, to me, is that it was an Army Veteran who first told Colin Kaepernick to take a knee during the anthem. He was originally sitting off to the side of everyone, not paying any attention to the anthem. The one time Longhorn, single game NFLer and green beret veteran, wrote him a letter about how sitting was disrespectful. Kaepernick, understanding where the Veteran was coming from, reached out to him and ended up meeting with him to discuss the protest in further detail.

Here is a quote on the discussion of kneeling:
Boyer changed his and Kaepernick’s minds about the specific pose used in protest. “We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture,” Reid wrote. “I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy." BOOM. There it is.

But I mean, whatever, it's just a constructive and well thought out way to disrespect the Flag of the United States of America .

Article for anyone's reading - https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/texas-football-protest-kneel/

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
My only issue with these clips are the individuals asking the questions.... Tommy and Randy always ask the sound bit type questions, to backdoor the interviewers. I liked Jacob approach to his question, it made me laugh a lot.....
Almost every Park interview cracks me up. He and I are kindred spirits. I have a habit of making you understand bluntly how stupid a question was, Park doesn't pull any punches either.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Best part about this whole kneeling thing, to me, is that it was an Army Veteran who first told Colin Kaepernick to take a knee during the anthem. He was originally sitting off to the side of everyone, not paying any attention to the anthem. The one time Longhorn, single game NFLer and green beret veteran, wrote him a letter about how sitting was disrespectful. Kaepernick, understanding where the Veteran was coming from, reached out to him and ended up meeting with him to discuss the protest in further detail.

Here is a quote on the discussion of kneeling:
Boyer changed his and Kaepernick’s minds about the specific pose used in protest. “We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture,” Reid wrote. “I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy." BOOM. There it is.

But I mean, whatever, it's just a constructive and well thought out way to disrespect the Flag of the United States of America .

Article for anyone's reading - https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/texas-football-protest-kneel/
Why is it about disrespecting the flag? And why are we placing so much faith in a material symbol. America is about ideals not a stupid flag. People's Nationalism has blinded them to WWII levels at this point. Nationalism has done nothing but ruin human lives for years. People need to get a clue.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Why is it about disrespecting the flag? And why are we placing so much faith in a material symbol. America is about ideals not a stupid flag. People's Nationalism has blinded them to WWII levels at this point. Nationalism has done nothing but ruin human lives for years. People need to get a clue.
I was saying that last line sarcastically, not sure if you were speaking on that or just the issue in general.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I assume the U provides "free speech zones" where players and others can kneel, speak, or hold signs to express themselves in case cyberspace is inadequate. I also assume that Jack Trice Field isn't one of them.

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
Four things I think:
1. Someone else kneeling silently during a song affects my life in no way, shape, or form. The catch: they have to deal with the consequences of their actions. First amendment protects our right to free speech and to protest as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others; glad I live in a country that has that right.

2. The NFL owners do have the right to fire their employees just like any other business, as long as doing so doesn't violate laws against discrimination. The catch: they also have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

3. The President of the United States has immense day-to-day responsibilities in serving our country, not to mention the recent hurricanes and wildfires, the healthcare situation, North Korea, and a federal investigation into the last election. I would think he would have more to do than comment on this matter; however, past behavior being a great predictor of future behavior, it's hard to be surprised by anything anymore.

4. Jacob Park is ******* awesome.

Reactions: aobie

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron