CFTV: Harms and Allen on the expectations for Iowa State's tight ends

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Wow, Chase Allen is an impressive interview already.... Looking forward to see what he can do now and into the future, both on and off the field....

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Great couple of interviews there. Sounds like they have some good blockers mixed in with some good receiving threats. Some solid size in there as well.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Great couple of interviews there. Sounds like they have some good blockers mixed in with some good receiving threats. Some solid size in there as well.
Its possible that you could see 3 tight ends on field in certain packages. Toledo used it with smallest being hback at 265 lbs. Expect to eventually see some very heavy packages. Forces one on one with the wide receiver. Oh, the possibilities.

• Informative
Reactions: crash_zone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Its possible that you could see 3 tight ends on field in certain packages. Toledo used it with smallest being hback at 265 lbs. Expect to eventually see some very heavy packages. Forces one on one with the wide receiver. Oh, the possibilities.

I remember a few years ago when Stanford basically went 3 TE's and ran, ran, ran to throw Oregon off and beat them.

ISU's not Stanford but I'd love to see them turn into a team that goes power and owns it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Here is my hot take: We will have more receptions by tight ends in the UNI game than in the last two years combined!

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I remember a few years ago when Stanford basically went 3 TE's and ran, ran, ran to throw Oregon off and beat them.

ISU's not Stanford but I'd love to see them turn into a team that goes power and owns it.

I believe that will happen. In a Toledo game, they ran the I formation against a team for one series. I ask my son why since I had not seen it ever. He said we wanted them to know we could run their offense better than they could. I loved it. They drove right down the field and scored.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Here is my hot take: We will have more receptions by tight ends in the UNI game than in the last two years combined!
So you think the tight ends are going to have 14 catches between them all in one game?

• Funny
Reactions: tolfbfan