CF Slowpitch Get Together

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Well, it looks like in Ames we currently have 18. My guess is that a Sunday afternoon would work best for most which leaves July 26th and August 2nd as the next two real options.

I'm going to tentatively throw out Sunday, July 26th at 4:00PM just to see what we can get for numbers.

Possible locations off the top of my head are the fields in the Hunziker Sports Complex just off Billy Sunday Road and the Iowa State intramural fields.

If anyone has access to a bat or softballs could you please specify?

Depending how this goes, I'll send out a PM to all those who signed up already early this week with more details.

Last edited:

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
Well, it looks like in Ames we currently have 18. My guess is that a Sunday afternoon would work best for most which leaves July 26th and August 2nd as the next two real options.

I'm going to tentatively throw out Sunday, July 26th at 3:00PM just to see what we can get for numbers.

Possible locations off the top of my head are the fields on 13th just off the Skunk River and the Iowa State intramural fields.

Depending how this goes, I'll send out a PM to all those who signed up already early this week with more details.

I'm pretty sure they don't allow people to play at the fields on 13th...the intramural fields would probably be alright but don't have fences...if you wanted those it might work to play out at the Billy Sunday complex...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'm pretty sure they don't allow people to play at the fields on 13th...the intramural fields would probably be alright but don't have fences...if you wanted those it might work to play out at the Billy Sunday complex...

That I didn't know but I'll go up and edit the post.

Do they have slowpitch fields out there or is it just little league baseball fields? Little league fields would be way too easy to hit it out. ISU intramural fields would work fine though and everyone knows how to get there without any issues.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

I'm going to tentatively throw out Sunday, July 26th at 3:00PM just to see what we can get for numbers.

Possible locations off the top of my head are the fields in the Hunziker Sports Complex just off Billy Sunday Road and the Iowa State intramural fields.

Aug 2 I can still ask off for. Have to work the 26 but normally I'm done at 3pm but I could do the 26th if it's pushed to 4pm especially if it's at Complex of Billy Sunday because that is near where I work.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
That I didn't know but I'll go up and edit the post.

Do they have slowpitch fields out there or is it just little league baseball fields? Little league fields would be way too easy to hit it out. ISU intramural fields would work fine though and everyone knows how to get there without any issues.

They have several different sized fields out there...I know when we were in college we were able to play home run derby out there a few times on a field that was similar in size to the slow pitch fields on 13th...we tried 13th first and got kicked off...I later umpired over there a couple years and know they are pretty serious about trying to keep people off of those fields on 13th...

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
I could possibly be back in town on Sunday the 26th to play.

I'll more than likely be out for the 2nd though.

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
I'll play. I am serious count me in. I'll see if my dad will drop me off.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron