Alert: *** CF GOLF OUTING is May 20 --- SIGN UP TODAY ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Ah, and moar questions.

Senior tees? We have done "yes" for alumni stuff but needed to be over 70, probably no one on CF is a "senior" other then me so likely not relevant!

Women's tees?

Man I hadn't thought that far ahead yet!

I'll go with yes to all of the above. I'm not going to be checking ID's at the door, so I will trust you when you say you are over 70. :smile:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Man I hadn't thought that far ahead yet!

I'll go with yes to all of the above. I'm not going to be checking ID's at the door, so I will trust you when you say you are over 70. :smile:

Nope, not 70-something, still 60-something. :)

They changed "senior" in our event to over 70 since there were some guys not too much into their 60's that got a little bit of an unfair advantage hitting from seniors tees. I was in favor of leaving it at 60!

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Really considering signing up to have work off that day. A few questions first before my group signs up:

-What is a 4-person scramble exactly?

-Is the outing 18 holes?

-Is it 4-person best shot?

-We 100% get to golf with the group we arrive with?

Last edited:

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Really considering signing up to have work off that day. A few questions first before my group signs up:

-Is the outing 18 holes?

All 4 hit ball, decide what ball you want to use and repeat till ball is in the hole.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011

-Is the outing 18 holes?

All 4 hit ball, decide what ball you want to use and repeat till ball is in the hole.

What CycloneDaddy said.

Yes the outing is 18 holes and you get to play with the group you sign up with.

Schultz4isu

Jan 25, 2016
Wait, so a girl Cyclone fan that likes to play golf can't field a team? Sometimes I wish I wasn't married.

Okay, most of the time.

I run into that a lot. I don't care to play golf with other women and men aren't allowed. I still have time to find 3 others!

ATM2012

Sep 20, 2012
Norwalk, Iowa
What is the course record for the highest score in a best ball tournament because I think that score is going to be in jeopardy. I just found out that 2 of my group haven’t golfed in a few years. I am a high handicapper myself and my one “ringer” hasn’t played yet this year and will not be able to hit up a course or driving range before the 20[SUP]th[/SUP].

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Bump. Event is this Friday!

We've got over 100 golfers signed up so far. Looks to be a beautiful day for golf.