CBS Sports streaming is trash

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
giphy.gif

Reactions: khardbored

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
I did a 5 day free trial of YouTube TV and got to watch the 3 OT's of Utah/SDSU!

Switched over before the second TD. Roku is perfect.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
I downloaded the app when it was clear Utah and SDSU were heading into OT. I was able to cast the game through chrome cast to my tv without issue.

Reactions: keepngoal

OtownClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2021
I was frustrated with CBS Sports for sure yesterday. I have Cox Cable and do get the CBS Sports channel. When Utah and San Diego St. went to OT, said no big deal, I will just stream it on my CBS Sports app on my Roku. Except when I pulled up the app and clicked on the ISU game, it showed the Utah game. So maybe just the Roku CBS Sports app sucks? I pulled up the iPad CBS Sports app and saw 2 ISU games to click on. One of them worked, so I cast it onto my TV. Got there right at the first touchdown.

Kind of similar issues with ESPN app in the past. Click on an ISU basketball game because we seem to always follow West Virginia... Says the game has not yet started. Finally works after I miss the first half of the first quarter.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Same have the app on the fire stick only gave me Utah game - IPad app worked

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Could not for the life of me get the ISU game to come up while the Mt. West game was still in OT on the Roku stick or my chromebook. Clinked every option possible.

Got it on my phone about 1 minute before the SDSU game ended. :(

I really don't understand why in this age of streaming, games don't pull up listed by game rather than channel on all devices, all platforms (other than cable of course)

Reactions: jmb

OtownClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2021
Could not for the life of me get the ISU game to come up while the Mt. West game was still in OT on the Roku stick or my chromebook. Clinked every option possible.

Got it on my phone about 1 minute before the SDSU game ended. :(

I really don't understand why in this age of streaming, games don't pull up listed by game rather than channel on all devices, all platforms (other than cable of course)
Yeah, I guess that shows us that streaming is still relatively young and there is plenty of growth and potential to improve. These companies need to get it together. Will probably take a couple more years.

Reactions: khardbored

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I understanding streaming is the way things are headed, but boy do I not like thinking about the exposure great teams like ISU can miss out on by being on these platforms that even dedicated fans can't access easily.

• Agree
Reactions: STLISU