CBS Sports Network

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I am sure this will get me a number of negative responses, but maybe folks should subscribe to services that are more reliable like real cable or traditional satellite that provide more stability. Shoot, games go into overtime, so that is what it is. I have had Mediacom since I was in college(late 80s), and other than currently not having access to some over the air channels (which I can get by using an antenna or other streaming options), I have not missed a Cyclone TV game other than LHN telecasts.

Except you couldn't watch the 1st quarter with cable or satellite. Streaming gave some the opportunity to watch. Nobody missed the 2nd quarter and beyond.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Thanks. Just because people are bad with new technology doesn't mean it's not reliable, people just have to use it more so they understand it better.

It's not even new technology. We cut the cord over 5 years ago. I have family who pays over $200/mo for cable just to watch Hogan's Heroes reruns on MeTV and sports.

Whatever floats their boat, but it isn't that hard to save some dough by streaming

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
CBSSN's repeated efforts during the end of Utah/SDSU to direct viewers to ISU/UNLV via a stream took people to a clip/highlight show instead of ISU/UNLV.
Pretty unusual for something like that to happen. 99 out of 100 times the alternate stream would have been reliable. 0% chance to watch an alternate stream if you won't even try to access it.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Thanks. Just because people are bad with new technology doesn't mean it's not reliable, people just have to use it more so they understand it better.

CBS **** the bed on that one. If you're going to tell viewers how to access the game, don't tell them the wrong thing.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Have discussed this repeatedly with my adult sons, who wind up logging onto our Dish. The one still in college, fine, by why do young people think this should be free? Granted it was when I was a kid a century ago and you can still get a digital antenna, but this has been a pay thing their entire lives.

Tell me you are old without telling me you are old...

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The instructions they gave led me to the proper stream.

I got to the menu with the ISU/UNLV box, but I was unable to get it to play on my laptop. I didn't want to scramble for it, so I just turned on John and Eric until Utah/SDSU was over. It wasn't a perfect transition to the alternative stream, but glad it worked for many.

Reactions: aauummm

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com

I appreciate what you’re saying, but I’m not bad with technology and I couldn’t access the stream. The CBSSN website asked for my provider, I clicked the YouTube TV box, I granted access to my Google account, that’s all completely normal and expected … but then it kicked me back to the page asking me for my provider. Over and over in an infinite loop.

That’s not my fault. That’s not a lack of technology knowledge. That’s some kind of problem with how the CBSSN website was working. Maybe it was my adblocker, I guess that’s possible, but I’ve never had an issue like this with any other streaming provider.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I appreciate what you’re saying, but I’m not bad with technology and I couldn’t access the stream. The CBSSN website asked for my provider, I clicked the YouTube TV box, I granted access to my Google account, that’s all completely normal and expected … but then it kicked me back to the page asking me for my provider. Over and over in an infinite loop.

That’s not my fault. That’s not a lack of technology knowledge. That’s some kind of problem with how the CBSSN website was working. Maybe it was my adblocker, I guess that’s possible, but I’ve never had an issue like this with any other streaming provider.

I had the same experience, but with Hulu Live instead of YTTV.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I had the same experience, but with Hulu Live instead of YTTV.

Wondering. Do you have the CBS Sports channels on your provider's package?

I get that with Fox, NBC, and ABC. I can easily log into the channels I have on my package but nothing else.

Today the CBS Sports app on Roku won't let me long into a local game, but I was able to watch the Super Bowl. (Maybe that was a one off)

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

That sucks. Hopefully you get it figured out for next time. I didn't have any issues using my Hulu Live credentials. I'm just grateful CBS provided the alternate stream. ESPN and Fox don't do that.

Reactions: KidSilverhair

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am sure this will get me a number of negative responses, but maybe folks should subscribe to services that are more reliable like real cable or traditional satellite that provide more stability. Shoot, games go into overtime, so that is what it is. I have had Mediacom since I was in college(late 80s), and other than currently not having access to some over the air channels (which I can get by using an antenna or other streaming options), I have not missed a Cyclone TV game other than LHN telecasts.
My mediacom crashed more than my streaming services.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Son got it on his iPhone but him nor I could pull it up on my laptop to get a bigger picture. No idea why one worked and the other didn’t.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Once the right link was available, I thought it was great but there were about 5 minutes of wtf at the begining.

• Agree

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!

Tried to access CBS Sports website via Xbox and it didn’t work. I connected to a Bluetooth speaker and played John and Eric via the Cyclone app for the room. Meanwhile, I got the game up on phone and tablet, using the CBS Sports app, until the end of prior OT.

Had the app, surprised that CBSSN didn’t encourage viewers to also download the app, as part of their instructions during OT. I actually prefer CBS Sports app to most other sports apps.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That sucks. Hopefully you get it figured out for next time. I didn't have any issues using my Hulu Live credentials. I'm just grateful CBS provided the alternate stream. ESPN and Fox don't do that.
You should of just turned it on the radio and then with each passing OT of the game before yell obscenities at west coast kickers. I have no regrets. ;)