CBS Early Big XII Power Rankings

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This is wash, rinse, repeat logic from last year. Did y'all cut&paste or retype these thoughts, when every one of you had State 9 or 10? They finished a game out of the top half. It will happen again. And then they'll be all kinds of rationalization here to validate, or it will be as silent as the lambs.

Whatever, I'm open to the above wager for anyone willing to put their money where their opinions lay. K-State will be way better than projected here this winter, just as they were last. A fact ISU fans continue to ignore, BTW.

I have State finishing at #5.
KSU finished 6th and TCU, OU and UT (who all finished below KSU) all improved their rosters more than KSU did in the offseason. So I expect to see all three of those teams finish above KSU. KSU, ISU, OSU an TT will be the bottom 4 in some order and that order will largely depend on health.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I like how you try to make last year sound better. "a game out of the first half". They were 6th in a down year and had a losing conference record and lose their best players. Only a homer would think they will do better. Especially with out any apparent talent infusion. As I said, I can see KState finish anywhere from 6th to 9th. You are willing to wager something on a bet no one made but you... They also weren't way better than projected last year. I am not sure what projections you were looking at.
Fans always think returning mediocre players will magically stop being mediocre due to the passage of a two month offseason with no acknowledgement that it is a talent gap, not an experience gap, that is preventing these players from being better. KSU lost their most talented player and replaced him with a bunch of less talented players. Their ceiling in the Big 12 is probably at about #7

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
@surly

I really like Weber's ability to find good players that aren't rated particularly highly, but it's hard to look at that recruiting class and expect a whole lot from it. And from a non-homer perspective, here is what you have coming back.

Stokes: Decent player, but possibly the worst starting PG in the B12 this upcoming year. That's not a joke. The league is loaded there. I couldn't tell you who will replace Monte'.
Brown: Great defensive player, below average offensively. He's been working on shooting fundamentals for that reason.
Sneed: Good player. How big a step does he take his sophomore year? 4* out of high school, who could have gone many places - look for a huge improvement between frosh and sophomore years.
Wade: Good player, but a stretch 4 won't get you 2nd place in the B12. He won't be able to make up for Johnson's rebounding and defense inside. D.J. played at 5 not 4.
You're probably going to throw a bunch of young, fresh, bigs out there, and it's going to be foul fest nightmare a lot of the season. Most likely former 4* Utah recruit will be in the paint,http://www.kstatesports.com/sport/m-baskbl/2017/roster/590cc561e4b0f093961411ce

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
And another thread becomes a conversation about a troll's thoughts and team. At least this one was semi-relevant to the thread topic.

So, who is most likely to go into the Phog and win this year? Anybody?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I like how you try to make last year sound better. "a game out of the first half". They were 6th in a down year and had a losing conference record and lose their best players. Only a homer would think they will do better. Especially without any apparent talent infusion and other teams seeming to get better. As I said, I can see KState finish anywhere from 6th to 9th. You are willing to wager something on a bet no one made but you... They also weren't way better than projected last year. I am not sure what projections you were looking at.
You have many holes in your argument but the most obvious is highlighted. Here are the preseason rankings.

Team (First-place votes) Points
1. Kansas (9)* 81
2. West Virginia 65
3. Texas 59
4. Iowa State (1) 56
5. Baylor 53
6. Oklahoma 40
7. Oklahoma State 32
Texas Tech 32
9. K-State 20
10. TCU 12

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Mawien averaged 8.7 points per game as a JUCO after a redshirt year at Utah and wasn't a four star
You need to defend you're earlier nonsense about State not exceeding expectations last year.

As for Mawien, my point was that it wouldn't be a bunch of freshmen playing post, as earlier alluded to by an ISU fan, but rather this youngster, who, regardless my stars error, has some experience and game. How much, we'll have to see. I don't know.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
You have many holes in your argument but the most obvious is highlighted. Here are the preseason rankings.

Team (First-place votes) Points
1. Kansas (9)* 81
2. West Virginia 65
3. Texas 59
4. Iowa State (1) 56
5. Baylor 53
6. Oklahoma 40
7. Oklahoma State 32
Texas Tech 32
9. K-State 20
10. TCU 12

3 spots higher is not way better than projected. Again, not sure what world you live in? They also projected Texas and OU to be a better than they were. Those two schools being bad allowed KState to move up and again have a losing record in the Big 12. 8-10. Nice try though.

Reactions: randomfan44

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
You need to defend you're earlier nonsense about State not exceeding expectations last year.

As for Mawien, my point was that it wouldn't be a bunch of freshmen playing post, as earlier alluded to by an ISU fan, but rather this youngster, who, regardless my stars error, has some experience and game. How much, we'll have to see. I don't know.

Again, you said far exceeded expectations. You only proved me right. Maybe it is the purple font that has you a little confused.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Also, Bruce Weber.

tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-19_14-31-30.jpeg
    upload_2017-7-19_14-31-30.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 2