CBS Early Big XII Power Rankings

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I saw that one as well, TCU being that high is a bit of a reach. I know they didnt lose much but its much harder to go from decent to great then it is to go from horrible to decent. Every team does have a good shot at being decent though this year. Hoping we can be in the 6 range at the end.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I initially laughed, but will defer any smugness until we see more predictions come fall.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
A lot of projections are going to be based on who we lose, which is understandable. The biggest thing I took away from those rankings is the Big 12 is a very difficult basketball conference.

Wigginton is a perfect fit for what we need from a high-level freshman, which I think goes unnoticed when considering the top freshman in the league.

Not many people are going to know who Jackson is,much less watched how he ended the season offensively. The same goes for Young and his role in turning the season around. They will mostly see a bench player that averaged 6 points and a sophomore big man that averaged 4 and 3. Throw in a transfer that has blown out the same knee in consecutive seasons and another no-name transfer from a school known by four initials, and you have a recipe for very low expectations.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I could just as easily see that list being completely flipped 10 - 1.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
lollerskates.jpg

isu83

May 5, 2010
We've got a potential freshman of the year as well. I love being the underdog.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I wouldn't put ISU that low, but I probably wouldn't be surprised by varying assessments that vary a lot among 3rd through 6th or maybe 5th-8th, overlapping.

TCU has potential with a lot returning from NIT title, but I think 3rd is a reach.

I'm OK with OU at No. 6, could be even higher, some returning impact plus Kruger's general ebb/flow career measurement, Sooners probably do an upswing, but maybe at least a season from high-impact.

Baylor & Texas, I can't seem to pinpoint yet. Seems like they've been slightly overvalued in offseason projections; BU will fall off a bit, UT probably climbs compared to last season.

KSU will be closer to NCAA bid than we might expect, probably in a competitive mix ... Weber teams are so, I don't know what to call it — "Weber-like."

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don't have a problem with this list. I think we are too low but I can understand the thinking. I also like TCU...not quite that much though.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Yeah its hard to argue this, but id be pretty surprised if ISU finishes that close to last. My guess right now would be something like...

1. KU
2. WVU
3. Texas
4. TCU
5. BU
6. OU
7. ISU
8. KSU
9. OSU
10. TT

I could see any argument for moving a team up or down one spot. My goal for ISU is to avoid playing Wednesday in Kansas City.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron