Carlos Zambrano would accept a trade

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Carlos Zambrano told Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times that he would accept a trade if the Cubs approach him with one (Twitter link). Despite Zambrano's willingness to waive his no-trade clause, there's no reason to expect a deal. Zambrano says he wants to stay in Chicago and the Cubs don't believe they will be able to trade him this season, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney (Twitter link).
Big Z earns $6.4MM between now and the end of the season, plus $17.9MM next year, $18MM in 2012 and possibly $19.25MM in 2013. That's a lot of money for a pitcher who just came off the restricted list and has a 5.66 ERA. The 29-year-old is walking (4.0 BB/9) and striking out (8.6 K/9) lots of batters, as usual.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I don't think any team wants him...not even the cubs

Seems the Cubs have a few of these (Z, Soriano, Fukudome), largely due to contracts, and yet Hendry gets a 'vote of confidence'??

The only way to trade Z would be to take a few nobodies in return, AND pay out the nose.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Seems the Cubs have a few of these (Z, Soriano, Fukudome), largely due to contracts, and yet Hendry gets a 'vote of confidence'??

The only way to trade Z would be to take a few nobodies in return, AND pay out the nose.

Nobody will take Z.
Soriano has had a productive year. They really don't have a prospect waiting in the wings. Soriano, Byrd and Colvin may be the starters for the near future.
Fukudome will likely get moved. One positive in trading big contracts is the waiver wire doesn't get in the way in August.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Nobody will take Z.
Soriano has had a productive year. They really don't have a prospect waiting in the wings. Soriano, Byrd and Colvin may be the starters for the near future.
Fukudome will likely get moved. One positive in trading big contracts is the waiver wire doesn't get in the way in August.

Point taken. I'm just frustrated. Other than Byrd, Colvin and Castro, I'd love to just let every else go (as much as he scares the bejesus out of me, I'd probably keep Marmol, too). Start over, and FIGURE IT OUT!!

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
as a cards fan i would take him as long as the cubs take 1/2 of his salary and no good prospects have to be given up.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
He has no real value to many teams unless they can get him real real real cheap. He is a cancer in the dugout and he has been pitching like an end of the rotation guy.
The only way I would take him (and I am a cubs fan) would be if the Cubs took at least half the salary and I didn't have to give up any studs in return.

The cubs have to keep him and hope for the best, because they aren't getting anything good if they trade him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron