Car Wax

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
With the constant sun and heat this summer I have been wondering whether there are waxes formulated for summer use and others better suited for winter. I have been using Collinite #845 for a long time, probably over 10 years now and am pretty satisfied with it. I wax 2X/yr. Just trying to find out what others use- if somebody has a really good recommendation or switches waxes depending on the season I'd like to try that out.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
First, I just started using a PC 7424xp and it did a great job in removing the swirls on my black car.

I've had good luck with the following

Zaino Z2 and Z5 on current car and last couple

Klasse AIO topped with Pinnacle Souveran

P21s-Just started trying this out on my wifes new black RDX

The main reason I've stuck with Zaino is because of durability. I've heard that P21s doesn't last long. I think they all look good.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
First, I just started using a PC 7424xp and it did a great job in removing the swirls on my black car.

I've had good luck with the following

Zaino Z2 and Z5 on current car and last couple

Klasse AIO topped with Pinnacle Souveran

P21s-Just started trying this out on my wifes new black RDX

The main reason I've stuck with Zaino is because of durability. I've heard that P21s doesn't last long. I think they all look good.

Never heard of any of those but I'll Google them. Thanks.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Never heard of any of those but I'll Google them. Thanks.

I'd try out the Zaino. Just keep in mind that you have to use very little actual product. Before you put it on you'll want to wash your car with Dawn, which will remove all the wax you currently have on your car. If you have some bad spots you may also want to consider using a clay bar first to clean it up.

Here are some pics I took after Zaino

Photo1.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Last edited: