Car wash

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I live in NE Iowa. Can confirm the influx of new car washes extends up here.

Dowwmeow

Sep 24, 2022
My co-workers and I were talking about this the other day. It seems almost every new commercial development is a new car wash. . They tore down a very nice U.S. Bank building near us during Covid. Everyone was excited for a “new” business development nearby on the site. They just finished the new building, a big, shiny, new…car wash☹️

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
When we lived in Iowa, we subscribed to a car wash place. Had to be brushless.. and we used it twice a week Sept (harvest dust) through Mar (salt, snow sand). During the cleaner months in Iowa, about once a week and always before/after car trips.

Where we live now… similar mess from Oct-Mar … so we subscribe… but now with a brush wash. Sad.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
The best car wash in Ames is just west of the west hyvee, south side of Lincoln way
What’s so good about it? I’m shopping for the best option. So far I like Varsity Carwash mainly because of the quality vacuums. I’ve been meaning to get their unlimited plan but haven’t got around to it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Agree. We have a membership to Laser Executive Wash. You can wash your car every 48 Hours and it's transferrable between cars, so my wife and I share a membership and rotate our two cars. Will be nice this winter.

Also, it's open 24/7 and it's touchless.

What does that run per month/ yr whatever their subscription length is?

CYaeger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 23, 2019
Scooter's Coffee is also exploding in growth in the north DSM area currently.

GrayerClone

Feb 11, 2010
Central Iowa
What’s so good about it? I’m shopping for the best option. So far I like Varsity Carwash mainly because of the quality vacuums. I’ve been meaning to get their unlimited plan but haven’t got around to it.
Just a good value for time and money spent. All options always work. It’s not automatic though

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Is our weather in Iowa changing that requires people to wash their car more? I swear there have been like 10 car washes built in the western suburbs of Des Moines in the last year. I'm old school and wash my cars by hand but I still find it strange how many have been built. Anyone else notice this?
People are lazy more than ever! You might be the last person to wash by hand.