Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'd be interested if it was CCL All Star team vs PTL All Star team. Because it would basically be ISU vs. UNI/EIU every year. Then you might be able to actually see what these players are capable of.

I'm assuming it would be an all-star game, so yes I would love to see it.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The hate is on op's ****** idea not ccl

Well I agree with that. The idea kind of sucks.

How can you claim to like the CCL/PTL, but not like the idea of the two champions squaring off? Its one more game; if you like the leagues, why wouldn't you want to watch the this?

I understand hating on the idea if you dont like the CCl/PTL, but if you like them, I fail to see how this could be a bad idea.

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
How can you claim to like the CCL/PTL, but not like the idea of the two champions squaring off? Its one more game; if you like the leagues, why wouldn't you want to watch the this?

I understand hating on the idea if you dont like the CCl/PTL, but if you like them, I fail to see how this could be a bad idea.

The only reason the CCL is fun to watch is because you get an early look at the new players coming in and then you have players like George, Monte, and Naz who are well worth the drive to Des Moines to watch, and to top it off 99% of the people there are ISU fans. The CCL has become a pretty lively and entertaining event to attend since Hoiberg took over.

If they held a PTL VS CCL Championship game it would turn into nothing more than a ******* match between the fans. The only way I would go is if Georges team made simply because he is my alltime favorite CCL player and his trash talking is priceless.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The only reason the CCL is fun to watch is because you get an early look at the new players coming in and then you have players like George, Monte, and Naz who are well worth the drive to Des Moines to watch, and to top it off 99% of the people there are ISU fans. The CCL has become a pretty lively and entertaining event to attend since Hoiberg took over.

If they held a PTL VS CCL Championship game it would turn into nothing more than a ******* match between the fans. The only way I would go is if Georges team made simply because he is my alltime favorite CCL player and his trash talking is priceless.

Yeah it would definitely be a ******** match between the fanbase's, but as a Cub fan who lately finds summer sporting events quite boring, I don't see that as a bad thing.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It's too bad there isn't a gym that falls within all four schools mileage limit and have only one league. Maybe if they moved the Hoks to the outlet mall in Williamsburg it might work? Could somebody check with Jon Miller and see if there is any possibility of the moving the University?

Last edited:

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Don't understand the hate on the CCL, it's a fun event to just watch our guys play basketball. I enjoy it.

I really look forward to it too, especially seeing our new guys. Sure the defense isn't good until the play-offs, and sometimes a couple of the good players don't show up on a Friday night and somebody scores 50 against a team with only 5 guys, but overall it's a fun league and the gym is 90% Cyclone fans.

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
It's too bad there isn't a gym that falls within all four schools mileage limit and have only one league. Maybe if they moved the Hoks to the outlet mall in Williamsburg it might work? Could somebody check with Jon Miller and see if there is any possibility of the moving the University?

Why would you want to ruin the summer league by adding a bunch of hawk fans to it?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
UNI no longer participates in the Prime Time League. Randy Larson continually screwed UNI over in favor of Post-College Iowa Guys (ie Duez Henderson and Glen Worley) and Jake pulled the UNI guys.

Now it's basically EIU and Upper Iowa...

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Is there really interest in seeing a "championship" game of make believe basketball?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I fail to see how it could be viewed as a good idea.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
What is this PTL you speak of? Pretty Terrible League?
The Prime Time League is held about the same time as the Capital City League. Same kind of format as the Cap City league with Cyclone players...except Prime Time League is Hawkeye/Panther players that play in North Liberty at the rec center there.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The Prime Time League is held about the same time as the Capital City League. Same kind of format as the Cap City league with Cyclone players...except Prime Time League is Hawkeye/Panther players that play in North Liberty at the rec center there.

No Panthers.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Is there really interest in seeing a "championship" game of make believe basketball?

Guys like Kyle Korver and Royce White have come back to play make believe basketball? Nobody is saying the players are busting their butts every game or that there aren't games when some guys can't make it and crazy things happen. But all the ISU players play except an occasional transfer like Kane, and it's fun watching them have fun and putting on a show. And individual match-ups and especially the play-offs bring out the competitive juices and the competition gets good.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Guys like Kyle Korver and Royce White have come back to play make believe basketball? Nobody is saying the players are busting their butts every game or that there aren't games when some guys can't make it and crazy things happen. But all the ISU players play except an occasional transfer like Kane, and it's fun watching them have fun and putting on a show. And individual match-ups and especially the play-offs bring out the competitive juices and the competition gets good.

Yeah, that's all well and good but that's in-house.

The absurdity is a "championship" game between two rec leagues.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
I think it would be fun to watch and no clue who would win. Didn't see anything updated yet for this Summer rosters/schedule on either website. I always enjoyed seeing how guys play in Summer leagues compared to actual games for their schools. They either play better, worse or about the same and that can say allot sometimes about a guys approach and creativity. I remember Bubu tearing it up last Summer avg a triple-double in every game. Seemed to really elevate his game.

CycloneCarter

Jan 10, 2014
Zion
I think it would be fun to watch and no clue who would win. Didn't see anything updated yet for this Summer rosters/schedule on either website. I always enjoyed seeing how guys play in Summer leagues compared to actual games for their schools. They either play better, worse or about the same and that can say allot sometimes about a guys approach and creativity. I remember Bubu tearing it up last Summer avg a triple-double in every game. Seemed to really elevate his game.
LMAO you covered all the bases there!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron