Cancel Mexico Vacation time?

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield

Curious if anyone else has a trip planned (and paid for) to Mexico or any other international locale? So if you have to have a negative covid test before returning the obvious issue is what happens if you go down to Mexico for vacation and turn up positive? Just gonna chill in Mexico for 14 days or whatever?

Side note - I actually paid for this family trip in 2019...was originally scheduled for April 2020, was canceled, got a credit voucher and then rescheduled for April 2021. Can this ****** covid era just end??

So what should I do?? Anyone else in this boat?

Reactions: chadly82

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I'm actually in this boat as well. Planning to fly to Cancun near the end of February and stay for a week. Terrible timing with this new testing requirement. Not sure what we're going to do.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
XpressCheck has an in-airport fast results test they can do. It's not cheap (my family's have all been free at the office) but it's a way to check yourself.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
XpressCheck has an in-airport fast results test they can do. It's not cheap (my family's have al been free at the office) but it's a way to check yourself.

It'll depends on the test they require. For example we couldn't use the rapid test for our trip, it had to be the send it to the lab and get results in a couple days test.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com

Curious if anyone else has a trip planned (and paid for) to Mexico or any other international locale? So if you have to have a negative covid test before returning the obvious issue is what happens if you go down to Mexico for vacation and turn up positive? Just gonna chill in Mexico for 14 days or whatever?

Side note - I actually paid for this family trip in 2019...was originally scheduled for April 2020, was canceled, got a credit voucher and then rescheduled for April 2021. Can this ****** covid era just end??

So what should I do?? Anyone else in this boat?

Same boat. Just booked Cancun for mid-February. We got the full refund insurance, so that's probably what we'll have to do, but we'll see.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
We had to submit negative results to get IN to Jamaica last month, no chance we would have still gone if I had to prove it on the way out.

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
Headed to Punta Cana next month. We both already had Covid over the holidays.
A positive Covid test within the last 90 days along with doctor's clearance can be used for the negative test results. Double check to see what paperwork is required prior to leaving...

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
I want to make sure my wife and I (and a lot of the country) have had the vaccine before we get on a plane to Mexico.
Vaccination does not matter. They still want a negative test result within 72hrs of boarding.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron