Can we talk about Osun Osunniyi?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Will be interesting to see as the year rolls on how he and the team handles constant double teams, cause the way we shoot 3s, it's coming.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
While he's always been known as a great defender, Osun really wants to expand his offensive game. He chose ISU because TJ told him he would be a major part of our offense. It sure showed tonight.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
LOVE THIS GUY!

He's like a McKay, Dendy, Cato mix.

He's playing like what I thought (to bring up another player) Cam Lard would be capable of.
But unlike Lard, he's got a much better, positive attitude on the floor. I love the
Dikembe Mutombo finger wag after sending a shot into the seats.

We started seeing it last season and even more so this year that TJ's teams are bringing some serious toughness and swagger to the floor.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Keep the guards from last year but swap out Conditt and junior Jones for Osunniyi, Ward, and senior Jones and that team wins a couple more Big 12 games and maybe goes even further in March.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
If he got T’d up for that after Neptune’s 40 minutes of uninterrupted hysterics I think I’d have had a hard time not throwing something on the court. At some point you have to let the players play if you’re not going to T up a coach for anything whatsoever, it gets to be utter nonsense.
Yeah. Neptune was crying the entire game; even when Villanova starting getting a lot of calls in like the last 10 minutes of regulation.

Reactions: isutrevman

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I wasn’t paying close attention until he wasn’t going back in but was Hassan Ward getting lost on D and that’s why we didn’t play him down the stretch?
It’s a combination of Big Rob Energy appearing to have made a jump from last year, and Ward missed most of the off season with this Visa issue so he’s pretty behind everyone else.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
It’s a combination of Big Rob Energy appearing to have made a jump from last year, and Ward missed most of the off season with this Visa issue so he’s pretty behind everyone else.
It also seems like he’s trying to get Watson some run. Watson is longer and a little thicker than I thought he would be so he seems somewhat interchangeable with Ward. I don’t know what the minutes will look like when we add Tre King in a few weeks. Maybe Watson will show some wing/perimeter skills so TJ can play him at the traditional 3.

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
Yeah. Neptune was crying the entire game; even when Villanova starting getting a lot of calls in like the last 10 minutes of regulation.
After watching Musselman in their game vs creighton, and then Neptune, I really appreciate TJ’s demeanor on the sideline. Arkansas’s players acted just like their coach too. Throw up their arms and whine after every call.