Campus Town Area Houses For Rent

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyStorm

Aug 9, 2009
Ames via Storm Lake
Hey Fanatics,

My friends and I are looking for houses in the campus town area for Fall '14. We are looking for a 3-5 bedroom house. I am struggling to find information on a lot of the houses on streets such as Knapp, Lynn, Stanton, Welch, Hayward, etc. I have been looking on a lot of the property management websites, but it seems a majority of the houses in our target area aren't listed with the property management companies. My first question would be: Are there any of you fanatics out there that live in, or know someone living in a house in the campus town area house that has not been leased out for Fall '14 yet? My second question would be: Is there a good/better way to find information on a lot of the houses in the area (i.e. who owns the house, house details, and availability)? Where online should I look? We are close to just knocking on doors of houses that look attractive.

If anyone could help me out I would really really appreciate it. Thanks to all in advance.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I about guarantee they haven't even thought about leasing out for fall 2014 yet. You can probably get on waiting lists right now but they won't ramp up the "get this **** rented!" effort until after the new year.

Beacon - Story County, IA / City of Ames

Best place to look for anything in Ames in regards to property owner/etc.

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012
I about guarantee they haven't even thought about leasing out for fall 2014 yet. You can probably get on waiting lists right now but they won't ramp up the "get this **** rented!" effort until after the new year.

Beacon - Story County, IA / City of Ames

Best place to look for anything in Ames in regards to property owner/etc.

Our rental house we called on in January and were too late. Start calling now or in a month or two. Cyclone Property. MTR Property Randall Corp. Green Acres Property, Campustown. CALL Them on the phone. They dont update the website and most leasers have to submit their renewal forms by the end of December or early months of the year. Plus they tell you what day to call. Its tough but can be done.

Last edited: