Camping World Bowl- Who would go?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Really need Oklahoma to win the Big 12 (If it's not going to be us) and make the CFP

That would put either Baylor, Iowa State or Texas in the Sugar Bowl. It will also be interesting to see if they pick the loser of the Big 12 Championship game or the 3rd place team if they are hot, not coming off a loss and their records are very similar.

Right now the edge is to Baylor but they haven't played TCU, Texas or Oklahoma yet.

Not sure how the Alamo bowl feels about and Iowa State return trip in back to back years... they would pick from the remaining Texas school and Iowa State. The other would fall to the Camping World.

My very optimistic view is

CFP: Oklahoma 13-0
Sugar: Iowa State 9-4
Alamo: Texas 9-3
Camping World: Baylor 9-3

More probable:
Sugar: Baylor 10-3
CW: Iowa State 8-4

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Really need Oklahoma to win the Big 12 (If it's not going to be us) and make the CFP

That would put either Baylor, Iowa State or Texas in the Sugar Bowl. It will also be interesting to see if they pick the loser of the Big 12 Championship game or the 3rd place team if they are hot, not coming off a loss and their records are very similar.

Right now the edge is to Baylor but they haven't played TCU, Texas or Oklahoma yet.

Not sure how the Alamo bowl feels about and Iowa State return trip in back to back years... they would pick from the remaining Texas school and Iowa State. The other would fall to the Camping World.

More probable:
Contractually obligated to take the loser of the Big12 championship if the champion is in the playoffs.

So if we make the Championship game vs Oklahoma and they're undefeated, we're pretty much guaranteed the Sugar Bowl no matter what

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don’t disagree with that but playing anyone from the ACC not named Clemson just doesn’t excite me.
If Miami or FSU were to finish the year strongly, I’d love to play them. Even Pitt is a “football” school, although we’ve already beat them in a bowl.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Did they just change the date this year? Because the last 2 years was the 26th.

I think they just changed the name. Not sure about the date. The insights weren’t on the 26th. That day would be bad though.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The best part of Florida is that you can stay in another area and drive up the day of the game (Tampa area, Ft. Myers, West Palm, etc)
West Palm is pushing it. Still about 3 to 3 1/2 hours to Orlando from there. Tampa makes more sense, its about a hour and a half. Ft Meyers would be in the 2 to 3 hours range for driving. If you don't mind the drive, I agree it's not bad, and plenty of beaches on both sides of the state. Orlando is really spread out though, and because there's so much standing water it can be really confusing to navigate as a tourist.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

More probable:

It's time to start treating the Texas game as a realistic, if not probable win. We would be favored if it were played tomorrow.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored