Camping World Bowl seating location

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I am not able to make it to the game, but I am wondering why ticket sellers have such a hard time assigning seating? It seems to me like you should be able to go through the ticket office and select a seat at a set price (like any other event). I understand "restricting" it to an area so you are on a particular area of fans, but this game of not knowing where your seats are and that they are "randomly" assigned baffles me.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I am not able to make it to the game, but I am wondering why ticket sellers have such a hard time assigning seating? It seems to me like you should be able to go through the ticket office and select a seat at a set price (like any other event). I understand "restricting" it to an area so you are on a particular area of fans, but this game of not knowing where your seats are and that they are "randomly" assigned baffles me.

Well ISU allocates tickets bought from then by donation level.

So if I buy tickets at A level but then donors with a higher priority buy all the tickets at that level I then get bumped down to B level. So they can't assign seats until the deadline for buying the tickets has passed.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34 and BCClone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

We ordered tickets last week. They shipped tickets last night. Not bad considering how they have to follow donor order and make adjustments to charges based on whether you got what you asked for. I don't like having to rely on the "wizard behind the curtain," but it is hardly random.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
My wife, kids and I have some stuff we don't yet know if we can maneuver yet or not. This might be a very well spontaneously decision to get in the car and drive down very last minute, watch the game, hang out a few days with some friends, then drive back.

So buying tickets is impossible because I do not know if it is even possible. But in the event......what is the likely hood that I can just walk up to a ticket office or scalper and buy tickets to the game. Will the premium be in the seller's or my favor?

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
My wife, kids and I have some stuff we don't yet know if we can maneuver yet or not. This might be a very well spontaneously decision to get in the car and drive down very last minute, watch the game, hang out a few days with some friends, then drive back.

So buying tickets is impossible because I do not know if it is even possible. But in the event......what is the likely hood that I can just walk up to a ticket office or scalper and buy tickets to the game. Will the premium be in the seller's or my favor?
There will be tickets available. More than likely you'll be able to get a pretty good deal depending on how picky you are about seat location.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon

If you have a smart phone you can put stubhub, ticketmaster or any other ticket broker app on your phone. Then keep an eye on prices for the event. You can buy mobile tickets right to your phone at anytime, even up to kickoff many times. Usually Stubhub will have a near site location for pickup. I have done this route before and got good deals.

And of coarse there is old school scalping outside stadiums yet.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneDaddy

Seia4cy

Dec 27, 2012
Sooo I called the ticket office about my mobile pass tickets and they said not available until tomorrow.........

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Got our tickets last night and we are in section 139 - location wise is about one section off of what we have at Jack Trice so could be better.

Last edited:

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
There will be tickets available. More than likely you'll be able to get a pretty good deal depending on how picky you are about seat location.
Yes, tickets will be available with advantage buyer. Scalpers get screwed in bowl games because there are very few people who head to the game on an airplane or 20 hour drive without tickets like they would a home game. And there's also almost zero local interest/walk up crowd.

• Agree
Reactions: PlanoClone

cyclonefreak

Apr 26, 2013
I got my tickets via email today. I got the worst seats i could imagine. since i went to buy them within a few minutes of when they went on sale I am ticked off! I plan to never buy throught ISU again, i though it would be nice to help the school in selling their allotment but when I get screwed I am not happy. i could have bought them through Ticketmaster and got better seats and known my seat assignment immediately. what a joke. Not Happy!

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: CySmitty and 06_CY

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I got my tickets via email today. I got the worst seats i could imagine. since i went to buy them within a few minutes of when they went on sale I am ticked off! I plan to never buy throught ISU again, i though it would be nice to help the school in selling their allotment but when I get screwed I am not happy. i could have bought them through Ticketmaster and got better seats and known my seat assignment immediately. what a joke. Not Happy!

Are you a Cyclone Club member?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
That's what others told me in Memphis and San Antonio. Don't buy tickets thru ISU. You'll regret it.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

I did the same thing and was put in the second level of the end zone after selecting the $141 option. I asked for an explanation and got the canned blurb. Asked to be refunded and they told me they wouldn't do that. I called my credit card company and they're refuting the charge and told me if ISU didn't refund they were going to credit me the amount. I then bought tickets on the 30 yard line 20 rows up for $138/ticket on stubhub, but had to settle for the Notre Dame side.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I did the same thing and was put in the second level of the end zone after selecting the $141 option. I asked for an explanation and got the canned blurb. Asked to be refunded and they told me they wouldn't do that. I called my credit card company and they're refuting the charge and told me if ISU didn't refund they were going to credit me the amount. I then bought tickets on the 30 yard line 20 rows up for $138/ticket on stubhub, but had to settle for the Notre Dame side.
There will probably be a ton of cyclones on that side too. I can't sit near opposing fans, bad things always happen.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron