Campbell drops #AHF in Tweet

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
https://www.widerightnattylite.com/2018/5/3/17314960/america-needs-educated-farmers-isu-cyclones-ahf

I can only assume Mr. Bell's reaction to this article looks something like this

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice work insulting the hard-working farmers of Iowa, you ignorant ****.

95CLONE

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2014
NC Iowa
Doesn't Kirkwood have an ag program? This will certainly hurt UofI's student ticket sales.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I always saw a ton of irony in how much my Iowa Hawkeye loving step-family that were farmer spawn, relied on and still rely on Iowa State Extension in their county, would go to Ames a few times a year for various meetings, yet would bad mouth the Clones.

The hard knock truth is, what they care about is Iowa football, and by association other Hawkeye sports.

They have a lot of respect for Iowa State University, but somehow don't connect the dots when it comes to sports.

• Agree
Reactions: FOREVERTRUE

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I also thought this was satire or exaggerated or misconstrued. Wow.

I can think of dozens of farmers I know with ISU degrees. The recruiter is probably right on one thing, there's not a farmer with an Ag degree from Iowa. :rolleyes:

I actually have a good friend who's one. Not an ag degree, but an Iowa degree.

He's from the Iowa City area, and decided part way through going to Iowa that he wanted to get involved with the family farm (his dad has an Ag Business degree from ISU, FYI). He finished his business degree at Iowa and now is part of the family operation.

It's pretty damn rare though.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I get mocking Iowa over the ANF, but does anyone in the ag community call out Farm Bureau for this marketing grab? It's not like Iowa is shelling out $ for this campaign, IFB is throwing them big checks to place the logo. I can't imagine farmers are pleased that their IFB dollars are being spent on this campaign when this is their mindset about farmers.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Don't give Randy any ideas
No f****** sh**. We would loose all positive momentum we could get from it. He would garble this up so bad it would end up being about Nebraska basketball or something .

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I get mocking Iowa over the ANF, but does anyone in the ag community call out Farm Bureau for this marketing grab? It's not like Iowa is shelling out $ for this campaign, IFB is throwing them big checks to place the logo. I can't imagine farmers are pleased that their IFB dollars are being spent on this campaign when this is their mindset about farmers.

When I left FB, mostly due to price, I told my agent and someone at the state level that the ANF campaign was a large reason why I was leaving. I don't think it got anywhere, but if enough people leave and tell them this is the reason why I think it could do some good.

Initially the state-level person was dumbfounded that a farmer would take issue with the ANF campaign, but after talking through it with her she understood my issue with it.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

I have in the past. The come back with some BS line of we give to ISU also. Problem is they have zero signage or showing at ISU games. I have also told them I wont be a member until they stop the ANF thing. I know others have gave them backlash about it and they don't care. They are happy with Iowa using them to push the Iowa product.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I have in the past. The come back with some BS line of we give to ISU also. Problem is they have zero signage or showing at ISU games. I have also told them I wont be a member until they stop the ANF thing. I know others have gave them backlash about it and they don't care. They are happy with Iowa using them to push the Iowa product.

Interesting. Don't forget about the Farmstrong/Flexstrong campaign at ISU events :).

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Interesting. Don't forget about the Farmstrong/Flexstrong campaign at ISU events :).

You mean that piss poor campaign they started after ISU supporters gave them hell about ANF. Farmstrong isn't an ISU only thing either, not sure about the flexing thing.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Doesn't Adam Gray work for Farm Bureau now? He needs to mount a crusade about this.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere

The Farm Bureau is a joke and has been for a long time. They are more concerned about funding themselves more than anything. I don’t know anyone that is still a member to Farm Bureau.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron