CAMPBELL: Complete uniform/image overhaul coming

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
And I'll throw these out there. I did these a few weeks back, but didn't want to post them yet, as I thought we were getting into more speculation on 'black' than I liked, or thought important.
View attachment 48457 View attachment 48458 View attachment 48459 View attachment 48460

Finally someone posted pics of what we're most likely to see. I'm guessing we'll see something very similar to the first pic for one or maybe two games at most this season.

If we see a black uniform, it's either going to be all black and silver/gray, or maybe a little cardinal highlights mixed in. Doubt there will be any gold with the black uniforms.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
t-noah....

Could you do the second one in that set with no cardinal, only black and silver?

I think that would look cool.
For my special Raiders fan, Yellow Snow, but only because he's also a Cyclone fan!
Cy Uniforms 2017  gTr33a - b b b  no logo on chrome helmet No red.jpg [I forgot the 'IOWA STATE' and 'CYCLONES' lettering. I'll add that later today.(edit 6-20 AM).]

Last edited:
Reactions: Yellow Snow

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Bringing back the Muskies or borrowing the Fighting Pike would have been a way better nickname than something lame, generic, and high school-y like the Timberwolves.

I have no major qualm with using TImberwolves, but I agree a pike or muskellunge seems more appropriate for Minnesota. Muskie has a better sound as a nickname than pike, I think, although fighting pike is OK.

My opinion, Minnesota's best major pro names have been North Stars and Twins (clever way to represent Twin Cities). Lakers was fitting, too, if a bit bland, but it's long associated w/ L.A. franchise and seems remote.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Per t-noah's latest request. I think I covered your suggested details, got it as close as possible. First one has horizontal shoulder stripe, others are based on your shoulder stripe w/ cuff-numeral. One outlier, I kept the helmet stripes on the cardinal lid, although you've state preference to go non-stripe.

TN-2-1 _GCG-horiz stripe.jpg TN-2-1 _GCG-horiz stripe.jpg TN-2-B = GCG vert stripe w-num.jpg TN-2-CCC.jpg TN-2-GCC.jpg

Last edited:

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
I loved when Florida State used black uniforms a few years back. Some of the concepts being made remind me a lot of them.
2245867728_ee734d3cd0_o.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
not only does it make more sense for florida state to have black unis (because black is in their logo and included as a color on their style guide) but their other colors also lend themselves to the combination in a much more visually pleasing way. black paired with our colors is just not a good look. if you want to visualize black uniforms that use our colors, a closer comparison would be to maryland, not florida state, and i think these look like atrocious.

Attachments

• maryland_eww.jpg
    maryland_eww.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 40
  • flast_isu.jpg
    flast_isu.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 33

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Bringing back the Muskies or borrowing the Fighting Pike would have been a way better nickname than something lame, generic, and high school-y like the Timberwolves.
Those are both terrible Pro basketball team names. Fighting Pike, is about spot on for Arena Football. Muskies ain't comin back, sorry to say. 'Wolves' would have been high school-y, but I've never heard of anyone named the Timberwolves before the Timberwolves.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
not only does it make more sense for florida state to have black unis (because black is in their logo and included as a color on their style guide) but their other colors also lend themselves to the combination in a much more visually pleasing way. black paired with our colors is just not a good look. if you want to visualize black uniforms that use our colors, a closer comparison would be to maryland, not florida state, and i think these look like atrocious.
Let's try not to make too much sense here. We ARE on a roll!