CAMPBELL: Complete uniform/image overhaul coming

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
albeit en español, i do appreciate your manners.

Ejja6.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
heres a road uni white option.

The socks are so dope

I actually strongly dislike socks the same color as the pants --

It gives you a single, smooth, uninterrupted look all the way down the legs like they are wearing a leotard or yoga pants or something like that. You need some contrast.

White socks with cardinal stripes outside/gold stripes inside would look awesome.

Like this...

C/G/C/G/C/G/C/G/C

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
I actually strongly dislike socks the same color as the pants --

It gives you a single, smooth, uninterrupted look all the way down the legs like they are wearing a leotard or yoga pants or something like that. You need some contrast.

White socks with cardinal stripes outside/gold stripes inside would look awesome.

Like this...

C/G/C/G/C/G/C/G/C

i dont disagree, but i think its because the socks on these mocks went up ridiculously high, so i redid it with some skin showing and i think it looks a lot better. heres also one with your requested sock stripe sequence. i had considered this look but it starts to look a little too 'kansas city chiefs' to me.

Attachments

• isu_tripleview_football_concept_7.jpg
    isu_tripleview_football_concept_7.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 116
  • isu_tripleview_football_concept_8.jpg
    isu_tripleview_football_concept_8.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 113

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
i dont disagree, but i think its because the socks on these mocks went up ridiculously high, so i redid it with some skin showing and i think it looks a lot better. heres also one with your requested sock stripe sequence. i had considered this look but it starts to look a little too 'kansas city chiefs' to me.

I think both look better. :)

White socks with cardinal stripes -- only, no gold -- might look good, too, and be more consistent with the shoulder chevron that you have going on.

I thought some gold on the sock element would look nice, though.

I just want to avoid the red leotard look.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

I wondered if the alternating cardinal/gold stripes on white would look like "too much," before I saw your mock-up. It's OK, but is overboard a bit. Nice look with alternating from helmet to socks cardinal-white-cardinal-white, and does add contrast to avoid leotarding.

An idea that might also be too "busy": try gold socks with cardinal stripes. (I also wouldn't mind seeing a set with gold helmet and pants, with the road-white jersey).

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines

No stripe or single stripe in the helmet and these are a winner. Double stripe is not grounded in the concept so it tends to look like an add-on.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Can we agree that the white helmets look great, but we should get rid of the shiny I-State logo on them and just put the regular I-State logo instead?

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
with the elimination of the current vertical jersey stripes (cardinal/gold/cardinal) it makes it tough to incorporate gold. the trice stripes being gold on white dont show up the best and i dont like how its approaching more of a hawkeye look. licensing doesnt even like gold on white/dark grey/black because of this. but then when you incorporate too much cardinal and white, it starts to look too much like oklahoma. i also tried the gold socks with cardinal stripes and it looks kinda clowny. the transition from jersey to pants to socks all being different colors doesnt look very cohesive at all.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Our fan base is obsessed with using an old logo on the helmet. I would hope we would come up with a new design for the helmet without just putting a tornado or walking cy on it

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I think both look better. :)

White socks with cardinal stripes -- only, no gold -- might look good, too, and be more consistent with the shoulder chevron that you have going on.

I thought some gold on the sock element would look nice, though.

I just want to avoid the red leotard look.

Not digging the white socks... what would gold socks look like?

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
No stripe or single stripe in the helmet and these are a winner. Double stripe is not grounded in the concept so it tends to look like an add-on.

yep, forgot i was going to change that.

Attachments

• isu_tripleview_football_concept_9.jpg
    isu_tripleview_football_concept_9.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 92

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
And what logo do you suggest?

I think we should do something where we incorporate both Cy and the tornado. Perhaps have a whirlwind of a tornado with Cy popping out of the top. I don't know if people would recognize that as being ISU though, so maybe we could have Cy holding onto a sign that says Iowa State, or Cyclones, or ISU...something simple like that. With only cardinal and gold, it might be difficult to make out what is going on. We may need an accent color to help differentiate the funnel from everything else. I think navy blue would look good.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron