Camp Preview: The offense (w/ quotes from Messingham)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
...per the 'SJ had one good game but wasn't good after that' speak: The game was against a marginal Iowa team at that.

SR's performance against KU is hard to judge due do a bad team, and a defense that didn't even know who he was, and weren't prepped at all. He gutted out the WV game and put ISU in some good situations. The Tulsa game is hard to judge because Tulsa's whole team looked better than ISU's whole team.

TU looked like a team that had solidified itself, and ISU looked like a team that never quite figured out what kind of a team it wanted to be.

That, to me, is more concerning going forward.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I have absolutely no confidence in this team this year until they give me a reason to be. That Tulsa game was unwatchable. Until I see something different I'm going to expect the same.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I have absolutely no confidence in this team this year until they give me a reason to be. That Tulsa game was unwatchable. Until I see something different I'm going to expect the same.

same

been burned too many times

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I was there and was certainly disappointed, but when I finally watched the replay, it wasn't as horrible as I thought. I still can't shake the feeling that we were going to blow them out.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
I was there and was certainly disappointed, but when I finally watched the replay, it wasn't as horrible as I thought. I still can't shake the feeling that we were going to blow them out.

I agree that after watching the film it wasn't quite as bad as it looked...but in no way shape or form was this offense
aligned to be succesful. Much less blow them out. We were manhandled up front and that is where is all starts and stops.