Cam Lard Enrolled in Wellness Center

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Great job out of him to have the wisdom to accept the advice people have given him and choose to go.

Not gonna lie though, the guy has consistently been suspended and stuff like that, so it's not like there is zero concern from a standpoint of him being a longtime player on the team.

IMO he can be the best pure big we've had at ISU in my memory.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I see this as positive.

I think in Ames, with his teammates around him and the coaches keeping a close eye on him, might be another good place, but this works.

Focus Town, right?

Reactions: k123

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Sometimes lawyers recommend this type of thing to be proactive before a court date. I’d imagine it’s similar to that type of thing. A couple hours a week where you talk in a group setting

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Glad to see he is doing this, if that is what is needed.

Hopefully he will realize the tremendous potential he has as a player (and a person) and he will want that badly enough to change his habits. Good that his coaches and his mother are supporting him with this. Wish him luck.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
The fact that Cam is willing to go through this, especially while being a public-figure, says a lot about his character.

The fact that Coach Prohm and Jamie Pollard care enough about Cam to help him through this says a lot about their character.

I hope Cam gets it all figured out and am thankful for the type of people we have leading our program/AD.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I don't know as if this is automatically a rehab situation. Lard clearly has struggled with making good choices since he got to ISU, and we as fans probably don't know a lot of things that have happened beyond him getting in legal trouble. He could be making bad choices in food, workouts, friends, etc. He certainly played with an Elmer Robinson level of inconsistency last year.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
The charges were dropped. He has no court case on the horizon.
That’s why I typed it the way I did. I am more referring to the type of treatment than anything. This is probably non negotiable and the staff is being proactive. If something else were to happen without anything done now they would likely be chastised by media and critics

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Couldn't be happier for Lard. Issues can be resolved with the right amount of time and effort; it's clear he's ready to put the effort in. That level of maturity will carry through the process. Even if it was more or less forced by the team, it's still a good thing that he chose to handle the issues instead of move on.