Calling all Horror Movie Fans: Favorites and Open Discussion

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Finally saw Midsommar and enjoyed it but it’s getting better the more it has time to sink in.

Dani’s transformation from somebody you feel bad for but are still pretty annoyed by to gives no ***** May Queen was just crazy the more I think about it. The look on her face while all the other loons are screaming and writhing at the end was creepy and scary in a fresh original kind of way.

Ari Aster is a much needed breath of fresh air when it comes to horror. Guy knows what he’s doing for sure. Definitely watching that one again and I’m pretty sure it will be even better the second time around.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: cyclonpediaJoe

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just watched The Banana Splits: The Movie last night trying to keep up with the 31 days of Halloween. SyFy original. Exactly what you would expect. Watch it if you don't want to be too invested, but still entertained. Any suggestions?
They turned The Banana Splits into a horror? How freaking cool. Hopefully it is on SyFy on Demand. I want to see that.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonpediaJoe

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Finally saw Midsommar and enjoyed it but it’s getting better the more it has time to sink in. Dani’s transformation from somebody you feel bad for but are still pretty annoyed by to gives no ***** May Queen was just crazy the more I think about it. The look on her face while all the other loons are screaming and writhing at the end was creepy and scary in a fresh original kind of way. Ari Aster is a much needed breath of fresh air when it comes to horror. Guy knows what he’s doing for sure. Definitely watching that one again and I’m pretty sure it will be even better the second time around.
Sorry! Didn't read the full post. We are having a friends food and drinks night next Saturday to watch that one. I'm really excited for it.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Sorry! Didn't read the full post. We are having a friends food and drinks night next Saturday to watch that one. I'm really excited for it.
Sorry I probably should have thrown a spoiler in the middle there. I'll go back and add that in so I don't blow it for anybody. Looking forward to hear what you think about it!

Last edited:

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Watched Eli, In the Tall Grass, They Live, and the new Creepshow recently. Going to do GTO's suggestion of Hole in the Ground soon and watching Midsommar tonight. Haunt comes out on Shudder today, having friends over for the game and watching it after that. Might be a fuzzy movie watch lol.

Reactions: GTO

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Finally saw Midsommar and enjoyed it but it’s getting better the more it has time to sink in.

Dani’s transformation from somebody you feel bad for but are still pretty annoyed by to gives no ***** May Queen was just crazy the more I think about it. The look on her face while all the other loons are screaming and writhing at the end was creepy and scary in a fresh original kind of way.

Ari Aster is a much needed breath of fresh air when it comes to horror. Guy knows what he’s doing for sure. Definitely watching that one again and I’m pretty sure it will be even better the second time around.
Holy cow. The cinematography in this was insane. The story was original and difficult. The characters were mostly unlikable. Except 1 guy. I haven't had a movie hang on like this since House of 1000 Corpses and The Last Exorcism.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Random and dark question but can anyone tell me the horror movie where a kid or someone gets basically eaten by a carnival ride in a fun house?

I was trying to recall it with a friend in a discussion about movies but couldn't figure it out via google.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Random and dark question but can anyone tell me the horror movie where a kid or someone gets basically eaten by a carnival ride in a fun house?

I was trying to recall it with a friend in a discussion about movies but couldn't figure it out via google.

Old movie? Newer movie?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I refuse to watch it. The original is one of my favorite movies and Argento is one of my favorite film makers.
Saw the original at a drive-in. Scary crap for a young kid. Other than "Prince of Darkness", there aren't too many shows that can still give me the chills.