Caitlin Clark

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I used to umpire baseball, softball and and would do middle school boys and girls basketball tournaments. I can tell you that the girls games were brutal to work as far as parents go.

I agree. I have a daughter who is an athlete and the girl parents are so much worse than my boy who played sports. Have no idea why. Except Wrestling. Wrestling dads are the most insane people ever

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I agree. I have a daughter who is an athlete and the girl parents are so much worse than my boy who played sports. Have no idea why. Except Wrestling. Wrestling dads are the most insane people ever

Haha I saw someone make a comment a week or two ago about how great wrestling dads. I was floored because wrestling dads are typically nut jobs that still haven't hung up the singlet.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
View attachment 95140

Say what you want about CBF, but the ISU women don't argue with refs. As a fan, I appreciate their humility & sportsmanship (win or lose).
Texas A&M last year is the prime example of that. THEY GOT ROYALLY SCREWED! There was disbelief and disappointment but no going after refs. Imagine the meltdown with Frau Bluder and her point guard.

• Agree
Reactions: farm85

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Haha I saw someone make a comment a week or two ago about how great wrestling dads. I was floored because wrestling dads are typically nut jobs that still haven't hung up the singlet.

Yeah my son tried wrestling for a year when he was 6. I was never in wrestling so I was freaked out at wrestling dad's and moms slamming the matt screaming at their kids. When they were 6 years old. My ex and I were like WTF is going on with these people.

Mads4st8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2021
I mentioned how Clark was acting in the game last night and Mrs. Velo said she wasn't surprised. Apparently Mrs. Velo went to school with her mother and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
I can also attest to this. Mama Clark is a complete jerk to officials and super annoying at Dowling games this year. She knows everything; we’re just all walking behind her in her crazy, self-inflated world.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I can also attest to this. Mama Clark is a complete jerk to officials and super annoying at Dowling games this year. She knows everything; we’re just all walking behind her in her crazy, self-inflated world.
Quite a few teams have some folks like this in the background...seems like the Hoks have plenty if you count the coaches.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Bluder has turned Iowa Women's basketball into the Caitlin Clark shown and in the long run that won't be good for the program.
Actually, that is the Bluder game plan every year...a volume shooter with a supporting cast. Can't argue against the plan...they have had good teams.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I watched a little bit of the Iowa women’s game last night after the men’s game.

I decided I was going to just watch Bluder as much as possible, and honestly, she is a total POS. An OSU player was on the FT line right in front of Iowa’s bench, and Bluder was just sitting down…. no biggie. But right as she went into her shooting motion, Bluder then screams “box out!!!!” to her players.

And then I saw her do it again a while later. POS move.

Also BS that her and her team just walk off and don’t shake hands when they lose and aren’t happy about it. Did it at ISU too.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Watched the end of the Iowa/Michigan women's game last night. Another Caitlin Clark show. They walked off without shaking hands again. Is this because of Covid? Is it only when they lose? Or do they always do this?

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
People were tweeting the shots from a step or two inside half court because they were pleased. My first thought was BENCH her made or not.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy