C-RTC Summer Recap and My Challenge Moving Forward by Coach Dresser

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Wow! What an August...

David Carr wins a Junior World Championship. David became the first ISU wrestler in school history to win a Junior World Gold Medal. He defeated four very tough opponents along the way. To say he had a tough draw is an understatement. Russian in the first round, enough said. We are very proud of David. Coach St. John and David's father Nate were with him in Estonia to coach and to witness his gold medal performance. Folks, the Cyclone Regional Training Center makes a difference.

Two GREAT fundraisers in August. First off, the folks of Humboldt raised nearly $50,000 for the C-RTC on Friday night, August 16th. John Conlon and his crew have the blueprint to throw a Cyclone wrestling party! They also put together a fire truck parade through town, welcoming our athletes and coaches to Humboldt.

And just ten days later, the Glen Oaks Golf Outing in West Des Moines was a huge success. The rain stayed away, and on August 26th we had 32 foursomes and a very generous sponsorship from Chad Stone, Jeff Staton, and all the folks at Renewable Energy Group (REG). A special shout-out to David Ling, Dan Dresser, Kurt Smith, and Terry Cook for their hard work in organizing this great event with some high-energy individuals in attendance. Their final numbers exceeded $55,000 for the event.

Jesse Delgado, 4-time All American and 2-time NCAA champion from the University of Illinois, joined the C-RTC last month. Jesse already is in the room training alongside our athletes. This week the C-RTC also will add Joey Palmer, a three-time NCAA qualifier at Oregon State University, as a resident athlete.I know the lower weights will enjoy working with Jesse Delgado and Joey Palmer!

The C-RTC Tree GREW a lot in the month of August. We are sitting at $500,000 total dollars raised for 2019 -- on the way to our goal of $750,000 for the year. Please go check out the growth of our tree HERE. If you haven't jumped on our tree, please do so NOW!

When I introduced the C-RTC TREE with a short video this past June, we had just 36 donors. We currently are approaching 400 donors. We appreciate all 378 of you on the tree right now, along with all of you who attended the many outings we held this spring and summer. We had some great auction items donated and sold, plus tons of meal tickets were purchased. The list of attendees at New Hampton, Clear Lake, Okoboji, Humboldt, and Glen Oaks was in the hundreds!

My moving forward challenge to ALL! The current number of donors represents some serious growth and some serious summer momentum. Now I have a personal goal of getting 500 total donors on that TREE by the first day of our college season, which is October 10th. That day is symbolic because we also will hold our final C-RTC fundraiser of 2019 on that day -- so please help me get to 500 by then!

Our C-RTC 100 event will take place on Thursday, October 10th at the FFA Enrichment Center in Ankeny. This has become our traditional end-of-the-C-RTC season event. Attached here TableListC-RTC100-2019.docx is a list of companies and individuals that already have qualified for a table at this year's event because of their 2019 donations. Many have confirmed and are attending. We are expecting over 500 people this year!

Once again, Gov. Kim Reynolds will be our special guest speaker -- along with ISU Head Basketball Coach Steve Prohm. If you see your name or the name of your business on this list, please reach out to Robin at [email protected] and let us know if you'll be coming.

Once we know how many donors are attending, others can purchase a table for $1,000. Let Robin know if you'd like to purchase a whole table or 2 tickets to the event and we will place you at a table with others.

This event is open to ALL and the room will truly be star-studded with some of central Iowa's biggest fans and most successful individuals. In addition, many of our finest athletes and coaches will be sprinkled throughout the room on this night. I hope you can make it!!

In closing, it has been a great summer of expansion and support for the C-RTC. Thank you!

Coach Dresser

#itsgonnatakeeveryone