BYU to the Big 12?

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Yeah man, most of the Polynesian community in the United States is located in Utah and California... the Poly's have played a HUGE role in the success of BYU, Utah, Oregon, and USC, if anything you might end up with some brown players from Utah with 8 syllable names if Utah is opened for your recruiting... and you best believe we know how to roast some pig out here... that's what we do.

And I don't think I should do it, but I can't believe you guys aren't putting up pictures that reflect some of my favorite Utah Mormons... our women... so I'll help work on this Mormon stereotype... starting with Julianne Hough, who loves Ryan Secrest... and America (we're famous for being extremely patriotic)...
JULIANNE_HOUGH_1.jpg

Eliza Dushku and her Church Hymn tattoo...
Eliza+Dushku+%252834%2529.jpg

And Jimmers girlfriend, the BYU cheerleader... I'm happy for Jimmer...
2957052158_7dac730529.jpg

Actress wise there's still Katherine Heigl, Amy Adams, AJ Cook, Chelsi Hightower, etc... and in Provo you pretty much get a whole city full of this... that's why people say BYU has some of the most beautiful women in the country. Just working down the stereotype for you guys, especially when people show pictures of that crazy Polygamist group in Texas and call them Mormons, I just wanna fix that thought really fast... and if this BYU/Big 12 thing works out, you'll see it when you get here.

There's just one little catch:
I-can-t--I-m-mormon-momon+1.jpg

Post of the week!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
BYU fan here... diggin your board, and really you should know plenty about the Mormons, you already had one of Utah's favorite sons tear it up for your Wrestling team (Cael Sanderson, 159-0, and a Mormon, from Heber Utah). I hope this is true with BYU in the Big 12, I'm digging you guys.

And if your wondering about the drinking, there is a new 3 story bar being built in downtown Provo as we speak, that you can enjoy. Consultants came through the town to help with tourism and the first thing they asked was "where's the alcohol", and liquor licenses have been thrown all over ever since.

I've been to Iowa twice, once as a white-shirt and tie wearing missionary in Keokuk, and another for work in Des Moines. Would love to check it out more. Plus, when you get here you can get a taste of the Polynesian culture in Utah (my people) what we lack in the black population, we make up for with 6'4" 300 pound Tongans and Samoans (BYU's secret to football all these years). We're the ones with all the funny last names in the NFL if your curious.

If you wanna bike and hike the mountains and the redrocks of Moab, then come for football. If you wanna ski "The best snow on earth" (according to our travel guide), I'll see you in basketball season. So many BYU fans want to make this happen, it's ridiculous. Also, if you want the crazy BYU fans go to Cougarboard, you want the more level headed try Cougaruteforum. We've already got Jayhawk and Longhorn fans fighting on it.

And I've got one wife... and can barely handle that, why would I want more... thank heavens you get kicked out of the church for practicing that nowadays.

I'm sorry, but I busted out laughing when you said you were sent to Keokuk for mission work. I usually think of 3rd world countries as places you go for mission work.

I guess the difference isn't that far off.

(yes, potentially angry SE Iowan, my hometown is a dump too)

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Yeah man, most of the Polynesian community in the United States is located in Utah and California... the Poly's have played a HUGE role in the success of BYU, Utah, Oregon, and USC, if anything you might end up with some brown players from Utah with 8 syllable names if Utah is opened for your recruiting... and you best believe we know how to roast some pig out here... that's what we do.

And I don't think I should do it, but I can't believe you guys aren't putting up pictures that reflect some of my favorite Utah Mormons... our women... so I'll help work on this Mormon stereotype... starting with Julianne Hough, who loves Ryan Secrest... and America (we're famous for being extremely patriotic)...
JULIANNE_HOUGH_1.jpg

Actress wise there's still Katherine Heigl, Amy Adams, AJ Cook, Chelsi Hightower, etc... and in Provo you pretty much get a whole city full of this... that's why people say BYU has some of the most beautiful women in the country. Just working down the stereotype for you guys, especially when people show pictures of that crazy Polygamist group in Texas and call them Mormons, I just wanna fix that thought really fast... and if this BYU/Big 12 thing works out, you'll see it when you get here.

This is true, the women are unreal, no idea why, but that campus is all blonde and blue eyed hot chicks.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Sounds like going to BYU is like walking around a dealership full of really nice cars with giant signs everywhere that say "ABSOLUTELY NO TEST DRIVING. ALL PURCHASES FINAL."

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm excited about BYU just because they (and Utah) have always deserved to be in a major conference. I think in a bigger conference they could be a serious force, I think we could hang with them this year but down the road it may be one of the toughest games on our schedule.

I hate the BCS and the way it divided every team into "in" and "out" in terms of AQ leagues and non-AQ leagues. The 4x16 super structure would have been even worse. As much as I hate all the realignment if the end result is less schools on the outside looking in, then it had a positive affect in one of the most important ways.

Maybe with the increased athletic revenue they can bring back wrestling and WVU can bring wrestling if we add them. Get up to 6 teams for ISU, OSU, OU and Mizzou. We can dream.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
In a typical year, I'm skiing by Thanksgiving, sometimes sooner. I'm giving you the invite now...mark it down, if we join the B12, and ISU comes into town, I will take you to Snowbird for a day in ski heaven...my treat. I'm being serious too. That goes for any of you guys

I snowboard. Is it Alta or Snowbird that doesn't allow boarding?

Utah is at the top of my skiing bucket list. Been to Colorado, Wyoming and Idaho many times, but never Utah.

coolcats

Jun 13, 2010
I'm guessing you were at ISU at least 10-15 years ago. Because as Dan McCarney said in his last post game press conference when asked about what he was most proud of for his time in Ames he said "We made football important again." And even in the past few years its become way bigger. In fact ISU is in the top 35 in the nation in attendance this year. So, maybe you should come back and give us another try.:cool::yes:

Yep -- I was at ISU in 1993-1994. I don't think Iowa State had been to a bowl game in years at that time.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yep -- I was at ISU in 1993-1994. I don't think Iowa State had been to a bowl game in years at that time.

I started in '97 and it was much the same that year, by the time I graduated in '01 football was just as big as basketball even though we had just won back to back Mens and Womens Big 12 Championships in hoops.

Since around '00 we've had a bad football year hear or there, but overall we've been pretty competitive. The football facilities have made major improvements since the mid 90s, you would probably not recognize a lot of what you see around the stadium. ISU fans have reason to be optimistic as long as Paul Rhoads is coach, he has brought a new "we can do anything" attitude to ISU football that it honestly never had before.

Pretty excited for BYU to join and get this conference back in the right direction if you can't tell.:smile:

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
OMFG! You stereotyped! Burn in hell you heathen!

Some of you are making cyclone fans seem like tools.

Back to football-byu is going to need some serious talent upgrades to compete in the b12. From what I've seen they just aren't very good. Being in a bcs conference should help their recruiting.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
We visited the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu and learned it was sponsored by BYU-Hawaii. Maybe the NCAA ought to look into it as a possible recruiting violation. :pwink:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Back to football-byu is going to need some serious talent upgrades to compete in the b12. From what I've seen they just aren't very good. Being in a bcs conference should help their recruiting.

Yeah, they will, but I think that will come in time. One thing that I've been impressed with in the couple of games I've watched- their defensive backfield really delivers the big hits.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Not sure if serious? They have been top 25 recently. I don't think this year or last year were their best teams, but I'm pretty sure 3 and 4 years ago they had ranked teams.

Their recruiting will improve, but BYU is not a "project". They'll compete right away, especially at home being the furthest trip and playing in a large full stadium.

WVU and TCU are the only football schools we might add that would be ready to compete for the top of the conference as fast. To be totally honest I want Louisville and Cincy so we can get some UNRANKED teams on the schedule. BYU, WVU and TCU are likely losses for ISU over the past decade.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Im all for bringing in BYU. I think they are a great addition. Get it done.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

JULIANNE_HOUGH_1.jpg

So, at least theoretically, I could be married to all of these women?

Reactions: CyDude16

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Not sure if serious? They have been top 25 recently. I don't think this year or last year were their best teams, but I'm pretty sure 3 and 4 years ago they had ranked teams.

Their recruiting will improve, but BYU is not a "project". They'll compete right away, especially at home being the furthest trip and playing in a large full stadium.

WVU and TCU are the only football schools we might add that would be ready to compete for the top of the conference as fast. To be totally honest I want Louisville and Cincy so we can get some UNRANKED teams on the schedule. BYU, WVU and TCU are likely losses for ISU over the past decade.

They were completely undressed by utah at home. I think the talent has fallen off a bit from years past. im just saying this particular team isn't good.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron