BYU Most Unintelligent Fanbase

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I felt like I was at a high school basketball game listening to some of their chants.

"You got swatted" clap clap clap clap clap
"You can't do that" clap clap clap clap clap

Seriously?

The sad part is that the students thought they were really testing the limits of the BYU honor code with those chants. Last night will become an urban legend among BYU students as "The great BYU rebellion". Taunting the opponents with harsh chants and waving around signs with giant Miley Cyrus heads on them... it was total anarchy!

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Yeah I get what people are saying just think there was an extreme amount of booing specifically on the Kane foul and now you have people calling him a thug with Ejim. I thought in general they were good but theres an awful lot of negative attitude over that call that I think is completely uncalled for, and I've seen people saying they were yelling the N word which set of Ejim. Other than those things I thought they were pretty good but there seems to be way to much focus on the Kane foul which didn't really warrant an ejection let alone jail time.
They did show the replay on the video boards, I'd say the same thing would happen in hilton.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
In regards to Kane, we would have done the same thing if it that happened to one of our players. Look at how mad some posters got at that player from Michigan. I thought the fans were fine.

None of us were dumb enough to say McGary should be arrested or put in jail though. Those types of fans did not play sports past the second grade.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
"there is no way that foul was not an intentional criminal assault. Kane should be prosecuted for that mugging. He is a thug and a criminal. The Iowa St player that intentionally pushed Tyler Hawes into the basket standard on a layup should also have gotten a flagrant 1. That dirty foul won the game for Iowa St . since Hawes was hurt badly in that dirty play. The Big Twelve refs were very one sided in their calls all night. The Iowa State coach should be ashamed of his team."

I can't tell if they are serious or not.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
"there is no way that foul was not an intentional criminal assault. Kane should be prosecuted for that mugging. He is a thug and a criminal. The Iowa St player that intentionally pushed Tyler Hawes into the basket standard on a layup should also have gotten a flagrant 1. That dirty foul won the game for Iowa St . since Hawes was hurt badly in that dirty play. The Big Twelve refs were very one sided in their calls all night. The Iowa State coach should be ashamed of his team."

I can't tell if they are serious or not.
Funny they claim it was Big 12 refs. The refs from last night primarily call Pac-12 and WCC (BYU's conference) games.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Kangaroo is a delicious meat, I'm told.

Actually I've eaten it. It's like 97% lean and it's not bad. Are it all the time in Aus it's garbage meat over there to the natives but I liked it.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I think everyone can agree there are some pretty uninformed fan bases about the rules of basketball, but during the game the booing seemed extremely excessive. Now you also have people calling out Kane and Ejim as thugs. I know some of those are Iowa people and BYU also has an extremely large fan base but it seems worse this time.

So a few days earlier we are yelling "F***" whats his name because many of you thought he was a thug and blahblahblah. Oh, and the refs hate ISU blahblahblah.

We do NOT have a "special" fanbase... We are no different than BYU fans or KU fans or basically ANY other fanbase.

"We" need to get over ourselves.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
So a few days earlier we are yelling "F***" whats his name because many of you thought he was a thug and blahblahblah. Oh, and the refs hate ISU blahblahblah.

We do NOT have a "special" fanbase... We are no different than BYU fans or KU fans or basically ANY other fanbase.

Have you seen some of the things they've said

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

If ISU is to be like basically any other fanabse, then there is no room for getting "over ourselves". Like your post demonstrates we already have way too many ISU fans that have the inner confidence and security of a teenage girl. Fanbases are built on being egocentric and having what outsiders may view as an inflated sense of self-worth.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Let's see a fairly called game between ISU and KU and see who's booing now. They have their heads so far up their ***es that they don't even realize the amount of calls they get.

Yep. We boo a lot during ku games because the officials are typically giving us the shaft. We don't boo their team much at all.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
The BYU fans asked for Kane to be thrown in prison for the rest of his life.....over a foul....in a basketball game.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Yeah, same here. I do enjoy hearing that type of thing for guys who deserve it for like 5 seconds, but I don't think McGary deserved it. I don't have a problem with booing. I think it's part of the game, but people shouldn't act so surprised when another fan base does it. We do it too and we do it a lot.
Yeah, we boo a ton. I still remember my sophomore year (I think it was my sophomore year) when we played Iowa and every single time Haluska touched the ball he would get boo'ed.