byu forum responses

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
BYU has no reason to be mad about it.

Kane drew a 2 shot foul, got ejected from the game, and they got the ball back at a critical juncture.

At first I was a bit disappointed with the call. It wasn't intentional, but it still fits the definition of a flagrant 2 in the NCAA rule book. Now if you ask me about some of the BS fouls called on Ejim and Hogue down the stretch(especailly the one where hogue got elbowed by Mika and got a foul called on him even after they went to the monitor), those almost cost us the game...

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Reading quite possibly the most confusing mormon message board Ive ever read, pretty funny stuff.
Page 1 - CougarBoard.com

my favorite is calling isu a team full of thugs. A girl scout troop would look like thugs compared to those women we played tonight. A team that soft will not go far in the tourney.

Wow........really hate the way that board is laid out. Glad we have CF!

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Cyclonedave25's post is easily the funniest thing i have read all year. Tears in my eyes.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
Kane's foul was a total accident. The guy pump faked for the first time all night. All night our guys were stripping the ball from him and Kane was going to do it again. It was just an unfortunate accident. Obviously these refs have never played ball before or they would have seen that. If hitting somebody in the face is an automatic flagrant than why did hogues lips get called for a foul earlier?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Agreed. Flagrant 2 was certainly questionable and they got the best possible outcome from their perspective.

Right.

Even if it was the right call (and I don't think it was), it was pretty clear that Kane was just unfortunately out of control, and not intentionally after their guy.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I have to admit. The "three stoogies" eye gouging flagrant foul on Kane and Ejim's flipping off the BYU student section is embarrassing and classless. I am ashamed. I think suspensions will be meted out, and deservingly so..

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Well Kane has to sit against UMKC but it didn't appear to be intentional. Quite frankly I thought it would be a flagrant one. As far as Ejim is concerned, you have the obligatory apology and BYU students are just as tough on opposing players as Cyclone students. If he doesn't start so be it but Melvin has always been an emotional player.