Bye bye James Carpenter

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Re: Carpenter - its official

I would have to say it says he is a good decision maker!!

Your right about that Bigguns....i figured someone would find this thread and talk about Carpenter....but, remember several things went his way.

Remember that Andre Smith leaving for the NFL draft had a lot to do with him being on that field last night!!!!

But kudos to him, he went out there and IMO had the best game of any of the Alabama lineman....whenever they needed a play they ran off the left side and usually wide....

I didnt have to like his decision, but, in this case, it turned out for his best...There are a lot of other cases where they're promised everything and then sit the pine, its not that unrealistic....James has done it the hard way, but, the kid is going to be a pro tackle and for that, you have to commend the young man.....

I still would have loved to see him dominate the same way in an ISU uniform!!!!!

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
You only get 4 years to play, why wouldn't you take the best team that will give you a scholarship?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I don't know if this relates well to this situation, but I was trying to hire this one kid for a open position, and even made him an offer. He accepted and said he would turn in his two week's notice.

A week and a half later I found out he had taken another job for better pay.

Did it make me mad. Yep.

Do I blame him. Nope. I just wished he had the common courtesy to call and tell me.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I don't know if this relates well to this situation, but I was trying to hire this one kid for a open position, and even made him an offer. He accepted and said he would turn in his two week's notice.

A week and a half later I found out he had taken another job for better pay.

Did it make me mad. Yep.

Do I blame him. Nope. I just wished he had the common courtesy to call and tell me.

Yeah, that's kind of bush league. It's a hard conversation to have but one that must be done.

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
Its all in how you look at it ! If you believe you can make a difference and change a program or go sit ?Well you have to weigh what do you personally want more, and who do you believe by what you can see ,or their track record. It is that easy.Every person will have an opinion ,but if you believe in yourself you know you will beat out the next guy on any roster if given a chance .You have to believe in you when you play sports because fans love ya one day and hate you the next at times..