Buzz Williiams to Texas A & M

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Glad to see this, don't like Va Tech and I think he had something going there. Don't really care though as long as he's not in the big 12, his teams don't look like much fun to play.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Niether one are really basketball schools. I get the move but it would be nice to see how well Buzz could do at a basketball school. Guess we will never know.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Glad to see this, don't like Va Tech and I think he had something going there. Don't really care though as long as he's not in the big 12, his teams don't look like much fun to play.
Texas has a lot of competition now with the great coaches down there right now. Dixon, Beard, Sampson, and now Williams. Baylor is good, but they usually don't have the talent of Texas. Texas really needs to move on from Shaka if they wanna compete.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Can't pretend to know what other factors are involved - maybe truckloads of money - but I don't know that A&M in the SEC is a better place to build a program than VT in the ACC. I like VA Tech and Buzz and not just because he had great things to say about ISU.

Kind of surprising.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
They wanted him the last time around but couldn't afford his buyout from Marquette. That was still in the Big 12 days for them so less support from big donors across all sports for TAMU.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Can't pretend to know what other factors are involved - maybe truckloads of money - but I don't know that A&M in the SEC is a better place to build a program than VT in the ACC. I like VA Tech and Buzz and not just because he had great things to say about ISU.

Kind of surprising.

Buzz will get a big contract but there are many other reasons to him to take TA&M right now. VT is loosing most there best players to graduation and the NBA this year and he doesn't want to rebuild.
As good as he's made VT they aren't going to likely win the ACC with Duke, NC, and Virginia in the conference (that doesn't mention competing with NC St, Maryland, Syracuse, and FSU) while the SEC other than UK has a lot of turnover at the top. He is from Texas and as we know it is a lot of instate talent that he can sell staying home.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Buzz will get a big contract but there are many other reasons to him to take TA&M right now. VT is loosing most there best players to graduation and the NBA this year and he doesn't want to rebuild.
As good as he's made VT they aren't going to likely win the ACC with Duke, NC, and Virginia in the conference (that doesn't mention competing with NC St, Maryland, Syracuse, and FSU) while the SEC other than UK has a lot of turnover at the top. He is from Texas and as we know it is a lot of instate talent that he can sell staying home.
Those are all good points.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Kind of surprising.

Buzz has always been transient. He is an excellent coach, but he has no loyalties.

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
Easy mistake to make. It’s a travesty they left the ACC. I’m still gonna in denial, too.