Burton likely out this week

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yea, I am sure S & C is already looking into it. Im not saying anyone needs to be fired in that department. They can make the adjustments needed. I hope.

What brought this on is I was listening to someone on the radio in August. They were talking about all the preseason knee injuries happening in the NFL preseason. And this one talking head said he believed it was due to the new collective bargaining agreement were they changed were players could do more training on there own instead of with the team. It kind of made sense and stuck with me obviously.

I'm also heard it's because of the new targeting rules, that force players to hit lower. Who knows?

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Have seen/heard nothing on the record but have heard that he hasn't exactly blown anybody away early in his career. Perhaps some maturation will do him some good. A late bloomer maybe? I don't really know. It is odd that he hasn't even sniffed the field though.

The guys a redshirt freshman correct? I mean, it's not exactly surprising that a redshirt freshman isn't ready to see the field.

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
Now someone did.....

Although I don't want Mess as an OC, I have no problem with him coming back as a RB or WR position coach if he would accept a demotion. He is a decent recruiter and its not like he doesn't know how to coach, I just don't feel like he isn't cut out to be a BCS playcaller/OC. Wasn't trying to come off as negative

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Although I don't want Mess as an OC, I have no problem with him coming back as a RB or WR position coach if he would accept a demotion. He is a decent recruiter and its not like he doesn't know how to coach, I just don't feel like he isn't cut out to be a BCS playcaller/OC. Wasn't trying to come off as negative

Hf8i4Bh.png

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
For the sake of this thread, we aren't going to argue that here. I appreciate the xkcd pic though :spinny:
696.gif

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Have seen/heard nothing on the record but have heard that he hasn't exactly blown anybody away early in his career. Perhaps some maturation will do him some good. A late bloomer maybe? I don't really know. It is odd that he hasn't even sniffed the field though.

I don't think I've seen Williams dressed this year, but I don't know what his injury is either.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I thought I remember reading on here that big dawg was one of the worst players we have.