bummer, david taylor granted his release....

benisu

Apr 23, 2009
Ames
Did anyone really expect that to play out any differently? Taylor wanted to attend ISU because of Cael. They did the right thing in releasing him....were talking about an ~18 yr. old kid here.

sclotz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Good decision, why punish the wrestler?

I like what KJ said in his press conference regarding athletes transferring (paraphrasing):
Now it's the coaches job to go out and find someone to beat them! Now let's find somebody that wants to be a Cyclone and can beat Taylor.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
I thought that if a school does not release a player from scholarship, then the school can not give that scholarship out to someone else. If you punish the player who leaves by forcing him to pay his own way, you are also hurting yourself by leaving yourself one scholarship short.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
Crap,

I really liked Macchiaroli, but he was an insurance policy for Thompson (we really need him to take over for Z).

God, I hope we can keep Weatherman.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Crap,

I really liked Macchiaroli, but he was an insurance policy for Thompson (we really need him to take over for Z).

God, I hope we can keep Weatherman.

Weatherman is key

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
Long shot... but by releasing does it allow us to remain in good standing with these recruits for Jackson to re-recruit?

While I think we need to get tough with releases, I don't think the issue is in wrestling.

It would be a shame shame to address holding recruits accountable by using wrestling as the example. MBB needs to not grant releases to players unless ISU doesn't want them. We need to end our issues in MBB.