bummer, david taylor granted his release....

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
That p's me off, our athletic department needs to grow a pair and do what VT did when Brands left!!!!!!!

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Can it be a conditional release saying he can't go to Penn State? Kind of like what they did with Wesley Johnson.

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
That p's me off, our athletic department needs to grow a pair and do what VT did when Brands left!!!!!!!

In this case it doesn't matter much. It's an LOI and if ISU didn't release he could still attend the school of his choosing and sit out next year. He's probably going to RS wherever he goes anyway so there's not much effect.

Now, if we start giving our current guys unconditional releases I think that's a suspect decision. (Except Cyler)

Taylor ends up at PSU.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO

Doesn't matter a whole lot as he would probably sit out next year regardless. It's the guys that have already burnt their redshirt that have something to gain when granted a release. Might as well be diplomatic with the new guys and not get bad rep with future recruits.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
I was really hoping he would remain a Cyclone. I think he'll have a GREAT career, where ever he goes. To bad it woun't be Ames.

I hope we don't lose Weatherman.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I know it doesn't matter but it sets bad precident. Evn though he would have sat out somewhere next year it would have forced him to pay his own way.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It may set a bad precedent if we didn't grant a release.

Clone91

Apr 21, 2009
did ya see all the iowa fans cryin about the curtain again

I saw that. I'm not a big fan of the curtain, but I don't like the idea of having 10,000 Hawk fans in Hilton either.

As much as I hate it, I guess it was inevitable that we were going to lose Taylor. Next year better be a great season, because if we lose more of the top recruits, then it could be a few years before KJ gets us back in the top 5 and competitive against Iowa and Oky State.

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
I know it doesn't matter but it sets bad precident. Evn though he would have sat out somewhere next year it would have forced him to pay his own way.

I get where you are coming from and you bring up a good point. For me when it comes to not granting releases for recruits I think that's when you cross the line to vindictive. Things have changed, the high school kid doesn't want to come here, we can't make him come here, and there's no need to take out frustrations on a 17-18 year old.

Your point is certainly based on the rules though. It's an interesting debate.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
did ya see all the iowa fans cryin about the curtain again

In Kevin Jackson's press conference he was wondering what Hilton would hold and Pollard said about 15,000 and Kevin said "Maybe we can cram another couple thousand in somehow." At least that is how I remember it. To me that sounds like the curtain would not be there if Coach has anything to do with it. Does anyone know whether the curtain was Jamie's idea or Cael's??

SPOONER

Apr 16, 2009
In Kevin Jackson's press conference he was wondering what Hilton would hold and Pollard said about 15,000 and Kevin said "Maybe we can cram another couple thousand in somehow." At least that is how I remember it. To me that sounds like the curtain would not be there if Coach has anything to do with it. Does anyone know whether the curtain was Jamie's idea or Cael's??

Jamie recently claimed it was Cael's. I'm not convinced.

However, it's water under the bridge. If there's a curtain this year, we'll know.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron