Bulletin Board Material...from Chizik??

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
Re: Chizik's Booster club comments?

Hey all,
I have been hearing rumors that KF has been given a boost of motivation for this week's game due to comments made by Gene. Does anyone know of what comments they are refering to? This may be a well known topic so I apologize if this only clogs the message boards, but I would like to know what hawk fans/papers are talking about. Hopefully someone can shed some light.

They are so thin skinned on the east side it's ridiculous. Chizik, like all other coaches at booster club events told a couple good "Jokes" about Iowa. If the Hacks need that for motivation, then I feel good about our chances for a victory this weekend.

To quote Kramer:
“Jerry, this is the way society functions. Aren’t you a part of society? Because if you don’t want to be a part of society, Jerry, why don’t you just get in your car and move to the East Side.”

Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

It's no different than what their coaches say at I-Club functions, or pretty much every other in-state rivalry in the country.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006

Fry used this same technique to get in the heads of Iowa State players when he was pulverizing us. The more pub the better.

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006

I take Chizik's comments as a good sign. He would not have made those statements if he didn't have a quiet confidence in what this team can do. He does not feel beholden to the almighty Hawkeye program, and if that angers Ferentz and his team, tough sh**. Reminds me of the little guy who walks up to the bully and smacks him right in the nose while everyone else stands around looking with their mouths wide open.

Fellas, there's a new sherriff in town!

Reactions: cyclonedave25

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA

Hawks are pretty good at "pot calling the kettle black" tactics. You should have had to sit through the I club football dinner in DSM the year the Eustachy scandal broke like I did. I thought Zabel would keel over dead right there - or at least fill his diaper - with how excited he was about it.

Too hot Hawks? Get out of the kitchen.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

I take Chizik's comments as a good sign. He would not have made those statements if he didn't have a quiet confidence in what this team can do. He does not feel beholden to the almighty Hawkeye program, and if that angers Ferentz and his team, tough sh**. Reminds me of the little guy who walks up to the bully and smacks him right in the nose while everyone else stands around looking with their mouths wide open.

Hit the nail on the head. :yes:

Cymaster

Jun 14, 2006

I can't believe how much play this thing is getting. This should be looked at for nothing more than it is: Chizik playing to the crowd at a booster club meeting. It happens all the time at these events all across the country. Not a big deal.

If Ferentz needed those comments to get him riled up about this rivalry, or about what is going on with his players, then he and the Hawk fans have a bigger problem than I thought.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

Well said! I just got done reading a few of the threads over at HN... I can't believe they're still using the "big brother, little brother" claims. Especially the thread about Iowa's tradition, saying that 7 out of 10 doesn't matter much when you look at the overall record between the teams... only to turn around and tout that they've beaten so-and-so 5 years in a row in the Big 10!

My advice: let them do it. They're just upset that "little brother" is growing up and pushing back.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

$3 million a year isn't enough motivation for him? Guess not, as it hasn't worked very well as of yet.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I love it.

"Ya know all those dumb things you guys did off the field the last year+? Well, them Cyclones are makin' fun of us about it. Go get them!"

Duh, Kirk.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Its not like Hayden Fry never ripped on ISU. KF is just mad he isnt smart enough to come up with ISU slams on his own. Why would this be motivation, shouldnt 7 of 10 be motivation enough.