Buena Vista - Salida Colo Libations

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
We are going to a secluded cabin for a get-away in early June. Got a notice that distilleries and wineries were now open. Anyone familiar with any of these places. Recommendations would be very helpful:
Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 1.42.35 PM.jpg

INTENSE_CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2018
We are going to a secluded cabin for a get-away in early June. Got a notice that distilleries and wineries were now open. Anyone familiar with any of these places. Recommendations would be very helpful:
View attachment 72171

Two years ago after a white water rafting trip with Performance Outfitters on the Arkansas River my family and I ate at Eddyville but it was the restaurant and bar on south main and not the brewery. Good food, spirits and service. Quiet part of downtown next to a river or creek if I recall correctly.

Reactions: kentkel

INTENSE_CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2018
Two years ago after a white water rafting trip with Performance Outfitters on the Arkansas River my family and I ate at Eddyville but it was the restaurant and bar on south main and not the brewery. Good food, spirits and service. Quiet part of downtown next to a river or creek if I recall correctly.

Eddyline not Eddyville

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Elevation in Poncha is great.

Yes, most definitely. I stopped by there and did a night in Salida as part as of a Colorado road trip a few years ago.

Definitely make the time to stop and have a brew or two at Elevation. #2 on your list, Moonlight, is also a good place.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Yes, most definitely. I stopped by there and did a night in Salida as part as of a Colorado road trip a few years ago.

Definitely make the time to stop and have a brew or two at Elevation. #2 on your list, Moonlight, is also a good place.

I don’t know if Laughing Ladies in Salida is still around, but they made a mean bison steak last time I was there.

There’s a mom and pop cafe in Buena Vista on the west side of the highway that does a mean breakfast too

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
View attachment 72171
I rented a house in Salida in September with two of my kids and my nephew and his wife. We fly fished for a few days and had a blast. We to Eddyline and Elevation. Great beer and food. Go lay in the hot springs. It is worth it. Have fun! I definitely want to go back to that area.

Help Support Us

Become a patron