Bubu reinstated

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Sadly it is true. My long time friend is an attorney in Chicago and also a raging cyclone fan. He informed me of that prior to the charges being cleared. Pretty messed up, but a lot of laws are.

Uh, I call ******** on this one. Coaches can pull scholarships for conduct unbecoming that is agreed upon when they sign their letter to play. There are guidelines to how athletes act and hold themselves while at a school.

Back to Bubu, I don't care either way if he ever sees the court or wears a uniform again. He may have had the charges dropped, but he's an idiot for even getting himself in this situation or hanging out with a slimeball like Cruise. I hope he learns from this because this will follow him for awhile.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Sadly it is true. My long time friend is an attorney in Chicago and also a raging cyclone fan. He informed me of that prior to the charges being cleared. Pretty messed up, but a lot of laws are.
LOL, what law is your buddy referring to from his vantage point in Chicago? It is certainly not true that ISU is obligated to reinstate him to the team and/or honor his scholarship going forward. It may well happen but only after an analysis of the facts by the university. You are being fed a load of crap.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Uh, all I said was "He's a felon, are you kidding me?" If that's hate in your opinion so be it.

You were insinuating that I don't know what I'm talking about. Yeah, you can say that I'm putting words in your mouth, but how come you didn't respond with your opinion in the open forum? Probably because you were afraid you'd be wrong (much like the last time you gave me hate rep). I never said Cruise is a good guy. If you would have read my second post regarding Cruise in this thread, you would see why the newspaper made his situation look much worse than it was.

Also, if Bubu shouldn't be on the team because he hangs out with his friend who happens to be a felon, then we might as well get rid of a lot of the football players as they hang out with Albert Gary all of the time (though he shouldn't be on the football team anyways, but that's a different discussion.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
This is awesome news. I'm glad I was wrong. Even though Bubu isn't AMAZING, he will give us some much needed depth and experience off the bench. I didn't think I would be excited about this back then, but it really is great news! If he can catch up, then I like our chances just a littttle bit more.

Also, what's with some negative posters? The guy had all charges dropped in a court of law. As far as everyone knows, he's innocent. People are still bad mouthing him? wtf.

Last edited:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
You were insinuating that I don't know what I'm talking about. Yeah, you can say that I'm putting words in your mouth, but how come you didn't respond with your opinion in the open forum? Probably because you were afraid you'd be wrong (much like the last time you gave me hate rep). I never said Cruise is a good guy. If you would have read my second post regarding Cruise in this thread, you would see why the newspaper made his situation look much worse than it was.

Also, if Bubu shouldn't be on the team because he hangs out with his friend who happens to be a felon, then we might as well get rid of a lot of the football players as they hang out with Albert Gary all of the time (though he shouldn't be on the football team anyways, but that's a different discussion.

The newspaper may "have made it seem worse then what it was" but by the legal judgement he is a felon. You don't know my opinion of Gary so its a moot point to bring up. And I guess you can put words in my mouth about me saying Bubu doesn't deserve to be on the team. And I know I wasn't wrong about Cruise being a felon, thanks!

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Nothing like what happens? Learn that if you are a male college athlete, you better have a witnessed statement of consent prior to having sex?

I'm fine with Bubu being back on the team as it stands based on the dropped charges he's more than paid his necessary penalty. But I still think Bubu probably made a mistake and there's lessons to be learned here. Putting yourself in a situation where there's multiple partners, alcohol involved, at another guy's place is not very good judgment. None of us know the full story, but even if there's not rape, there's ways for athletes or any young male to have sex such that the chances of a woman "regretting" it are a lot lower.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
Glad to hear this news - never really made sense with Bubu being (at least from all appearances) a decent kid. Plus, it never hurts to have another decent player as we get deeper into conf play.

The most important thing about this news? Now we have a chance to finally win that 'Most Unique Player Name' contest in March - didn't Bubu finish 2nd last year? LOL.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
If you're in the know and don't want to associate with someone no matter what the courts say, thats fine..but people like this guy that admit "I haven't followed it, but he was charged, that doesn't look good..get rid of him". Thats pretty sad..that being charged of a crime is enough to judge and write someone off as a person, without knowing a damn thing about the situation.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
worst part about this is if he's available off the bench, Fred might be dumb enough to actually play him. Now I have to listen to the ****tards around me cheer for him to get in the game like he isn't terrible at basketball, thanks justice system.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I'm fine with Bubu being back on the team as it stands based on the dropped charges he's more than paid his necessary penalty. But I still think Bubu probably made a mistake and there's lessons to be learned here. Putting yourself in a situation where there's multiple partners, alcohol involved, at another guy's place is not very good judgment. None of us know the full story, but even if there's not rape, there's ways for athletes or any young male to have sex such that the chances of a woman "regretting" it are a lot lower.

That is as bad as the contention that "women should learn to not wear clothing that could provoke an attack".
A male has sex and regrets it, nothing, some even feel it is not possible. A female has sex and regrets it, and too many in soceity accepts this as rape until proven otherwise. This viewpoint deserves blame for this situation, not the act of having sex with multiple partners or having sex at somewhere other than your place.

Last edited:

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
worst part about this is if he's available off the bench, Fred might be dumb enough to actually play him. Now I have to listen to the ****tards around me cheer for him to get in the game like he isn't terrible at basketball, thanks justice system.

I wish I could say this is the stupidest post in this thread..sadly it is not.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

Wow, sorry to inconvenience you. Forget that if the allegations weren't true that its actually a good thing for Bubu and the accuser alike and make this about you.

Forget that Bubu just wasted several months being accused of a pretty horrible thing even though the women may have lied and tampered with evidence.

I'm sure it's every school but sometimes it feels like we have the dumbest fans in America.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I'm sure it's every school but sometimes it feels like we have the dumbest fans in America.

I think that when clicking on cyclonefanatic.com on your 'favorites' page, you really intended on clicking on hawkeyenation.com before posting this.

Bubu made a bubu, it seems. The extent of which has not been proven. At best, (which seems more probable considering the outcome) he responded to a booty call (which we all have done...hopefully) and brought a friend.

My dad had a theory that nothing good happens after midnight. I don't completely agree, although I see his point.

I have a theory: nothing good happens when another dude's wiener is involved. I dare you to prove me wrong. (stipulation is that you have to be present...can't be.. buddy totally banged this hot chick..)

I'm not going to rail on Bubu, but I hope he has learned from this ordeal. Disappointed with him, sure, but I've been disappointed before.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I followed it enough to know that the situation isn't a good one. There was no trial, because evidence tampering. Doesn't mean that something didn't happen. He was hanging around with a shady character, picked up a girl... and the rest no one knows. I wish it would have went to trial before I make my judgement of "he's free! ISU basketball!!!!". People are way too quick to just say "good for him".

The above post represents a fundamental misunderstanding of our criminal justice system. We have a system designed to keep the innocent out of prison; it is not designed to put the guilty away. And even with that being the case, how many innocent people have been exonerated because of new evidence through the Innocence Project?

If the Story County attorney's office says there is insufficient evidence to take it to trial, then you really know that Bubu is not guilty of these charges.