Bubu article - Ames Tribune

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Shooting wise, his stats were fine from last year. He does need more strength. Quickkness is not a problem. If he could hot three pointers, that would be a huge plus.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Good article from Bobby LaGesse. Sounds like good leadership from Bubu.

Say what you will about Bubu - I know he can be polarizing, but no one can say he does t give max effort.

Basketball: Palo tackling a lengthy to-do list | Ames Tribune

This encapsulates Bubu's place on the roster and at the root of his motivation:
It means something to him to be a Cyclone.

Decent off-season profile ... although the plural of syllabus is "syllabi." :skeptical:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Spam

May 21, 2008
Why is every paragraph in that article one line long?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
In the Cap City League this year, he seems to be bigger now than he was during the season, but not slower. Has he been trying to beef up?

There's an article about Bubu somewhere. I'll try to link it.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
It amazes me when people try to tell me he wont be on scholarship for his senior year. Yes i understand that scholarships are renewed every year and that he was once a walk on; but honestly why would he be on scholarship for a year and a half and then have the scholarship taken away when he is a RS Senior with the most experience at the PG of anyone on our team. It's like saying that Ejim won't be on scholarship his senior year. It's just dumb.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It amazes me when people try to tell me he wont be on scholarship for his senior year. Yes i understand that scholarships are renewed every year and that he was once a walk on; but honestly why would he be on scholarship for a year and a half and then have the scholarship taken away when he is a RS Senior with the most experience at the PG of anyone on our team. It's like saying that Ejim won't be on scholarship his senior year. It's just dumb.

It's not like that but I tend to agree with the fact that he may still have one.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
It's not like that but I tend to agree with the fact that he may still have one.

Ha. It's the best example i could come up with since he is the only other senior that year as of now, and also he has about the same amount of experience as Bubu.

CHAKAZULU

Mar 16, 2011

Keep in mind that he will graduate in Spring 2013. if he is not on scholarship in Fall 2013 do people think that he will pay for his education just because he wants to play basketball for ISU? He could also transfer like Jake Anderson and be eligible to play right away.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Bubu will be on scholarship senior year and I would put money on that. Fred is expecting a big jump in production from him and I think he can male that jump.

Cyclonz

Nov 23, 2009
Denver, CO
Agree with the line in the article - he needs to knock down more shots - he does this, his drive game will be more effective.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Ha. It's the best example i could come up with since he is the only other senior that year as of now, and also he has about the same amount of experience as Bubu.

Its actually a great example. Bubu came in with McD, but earned an ISU BB scholarship in Fred's eyes. That scholarship is now 'permanent', just like Ejim's.