Bryce Drew Terminated at Vandy

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Best part is that the new AD is going to reassign him to avoid the buyout according to ESPN. I'm sure that will go over well.

• Funny
Reactions: SECyclone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
That's actually a really interesting article. The AD must have an NBA-caliber coach in mind to replace Drew.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
He was who I wanted instead of Prohm.

giphy.gif

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I like how that article got straight to the point on the "huh?" of it with injuries, recent recruits and in-coming recruiting. AD must have someone lined up or really wants to "make his mark".

...on the flip-side, the article leaves out that he was 0-18 in conference. "But injuries...", oh well, thankfully not us!

Last edited:

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Where is the Prohm to Vandy thread? It's in the south so I assume he's going to be connected to any school south of the Mason Dixon line.

• Funny
Reactions: chadly82

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Not that I give two hoots about Vandy BB, that AD better knock it out of the park not to put his job on thin ice after being there less than a yr. He must really not like Drew.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I went to Vandy after ISU - grad transfer :) - so I always keep an eye on the BB team. I was optimistic because of Garland and Shittu but one got hurt and the other wasn't quite as far along as many assumed. Still, I'm sure VU had never had 2 5-star recruits in one year.

I didn't realize the new AD was the ex G League commissioner and I'm sure he'll have an ambitious agenda.

My gut instinct is that I'd have preferred that Drew get another year (though, admittedly, I don't know what their recruiting class looked like). They held onto Stallings for too long; he always had NBA talent and under-performed.

So, is he going to try to make Drew the most over-paid head of intramurals in the USA?

• Funny
Reactions: k123

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Where is the Prohm to Vandy thread? It's in the south so I assume he's going to be connected to any school south of the Mason Dixon line.
Prohm is going to Alabama, hopefully Hoiberg comes back to Ames if that happens.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Not that I give two hoots about Vandy BB, that AD better knock it out of the park not to put his job on thin ice after being there less than a yr. He must really not like Drew.

Vandy ADs get a very long leash and having gone to a few Vandy games this year it was obvious Drew could not motivate his team. They had more talent than their 20 game losing streak suggests

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
He had the 13th ranked recruiting class last year (2 Top 15 recruits) and his NBA Freshman PG got injured early in the season.

Drew also has two players signed in the Class of 2019: forward Dyan Disu (No. 103) and wing Austin Crowley (No. 121). The Commodores also have a verbal commitment from point guard Scotty Pippen the son of Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen.