Bruce Webber can coach

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Comparing a 12 or 13 seed to go a 16 seed is beyond stupid. There's a reason they're the first 16 seed to win and it's not because 1 seeds are just untouchable and 2 and 3 seeds aren't. The year we beat that 13 seed we crushed a 30 win team coached by Chris Beard. This year UMBC lost to Albany by over 40 points and lost to Vermont by 30 points

You can discount it as much as you like but they beat a combined seed in KStates 2 games of 24, ours was 25, pretty comparable...30 wins is great but it’s still Arkansas Little Rock, we caught a break just like KState did, still counts the same

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You can discount it as much as you like but they beat a combined seed in KStates 2 games of 24, ours was 25, pretty comparable...30 wins is great but it’s still Arkansas Little Rock, we caught a break just like KState did, still counts the same

Little Rock was 56th in KenPom that year. UMBC is 166th now after beating Virginia. I'm not saying we didn't catch a break playing Little rock but it's not really comparable

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Little Rock was 56th in KenPom that year. UMBC is 166th now after beating Virginia. I'm not saying we didn't catch a break playing Little rock but it's not really comparable

Yes and they played a tougher first rd opponent...agree to disagree

Reactions: CyTwins

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
The guy ran an entire team out of town, he nearly sent that program into the stone age. He's done a good job with them since then but he's the reason they've been having to rebuild.

He's always been an ok coach, just not a great recruiter and that's half the job.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Weber get the most out of his player and has developed lowly ranked players. There ceiling with him as coach is limited due to his recruiting. That is a Webber not KSU issue as Huggy Bear and Frank M/ have gotten highly ranked players to Manhatten. Bruce is a solid X-O's coach but he will only take you so far in a P-5 conference and their fans know that thus call for his job almost every year.

As for the knee jerk results over one tourney run we need to relax. Martin beat Creighton and UMSB, lucky break perhaps but colleges don't get to pick who they play only the selection committee does that. We shouldn't discount any Sweet 16 appearance just because they didn't upset a better team.

For those discrediting Prohm's Sweet 16 run, just realize ISU earned a 4 seed to play 13 and the second round is a 12/5 match-up one of the most common upsets in the sport. It isn't uncommon for the 4 seed to get to week 16 by beating a 13 and 12.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cy$

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Before I say this, I want to reiterate that Kansas State has a very good season. They obviously kicked our ass twice. Bruce did a very good coaching job. Through good play and good fortune, they earned a trip to the sweet 16.

However, it is interesting to me that Kansas State has not beaten a sweet 16 team this year. Iowa state beat 2.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Congrats, @surly . I am not going to discount any Sweet 16 appearance. It is tough to win in the tournament especially when you don't have your best player. I would gladly accept an easy road to the second week for ISU.

Is Wade projected to be back next weekend?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think he is referencing the fact that if the KU @ ISU game wasn't a total meltdown of officiating that year KSU would have won outright with KU a game behind.
Maybe I guess but he didn't say that. And I hope KState isn't approaching aTm for delusional history lessons if not.