Macomb, MI
05d.jpg

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Never heard of him

If Bruce WeBer got five star kids it’d mean Ja$on Capel is his assistant and they’d transfer after a year

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Weber has been to a Final Four, won the B1G twice, shared in the B12, won the MVC. He can coach when he has talent. The knock on him is that he can't recruit and has a hard time keeping good players, but obviously he's built KSU into a pretty good squad.

They will probably be top 3 in the B12 next year. He takes a lot of heat, and I'm not sure why.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
It seemed that most of his success at Illinois was with Self’s recruits, and he did well with Frank’s players at the start of his KSU tenure.

I will admit he’s proven me wrong this year. With everyone back they’ll be a tough out next year.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby and CyJeans

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
He's always been a really good coach just not a great recruiter. I don't know why anyone would still be making fun of his coaching abilities after this year.

That's like saying "I'm a really good driver, I just don't know how to operate the gas pedal." In college recruiting is part of the coaching job. If you're not a good recruiter you're not that good of a college coach.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Weber has been to a Final Four, won the B1G twice, shared in the B12, won the MVC. He can coach when he has talent. The knock on him is that he can't recruit and has a hard time keeping good players, but obviously he's built KSU into a pretty good squad.

They will probably be top 3 in the B12 next year. He takes a lot of heat, and I'm not sure why.
He can recruit, but not if the expectation for the program is to be something they’re not (Illinois). He consistently finds overlooked guys that can play at a high P5 level, so he’s the perfect recruiter for Kansas St.

I think you’re correct in that guys tune him out because he’s weird as ****

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Jesus.

Iowa State fans in a nutshell:

Steve Prohm beats a double digit seed to get to sweet 16: it barely counts. They only had to beat a 13 and a 12. (Never mind they EARNED the right to play the 13). A sweet 16 only counts if you beat a 1 snd a 2.

Bruce Weber beats a 16 seed to get to the sweet 16: Bruce is the best coach ever. I mean that win against UMBC was a thing of beauty.

For once, I wish we’d hold our coaches to the same standard as we hold others.

Help Support Us

Become a patron