Bruce Harreld Retiring?

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
This is step one in things that would make me happy as an Iowa fan. Step two would be hiring a President who cares about the athletic department and fires Barta. I honestly don't know how you can cost your employer $5 million in a gender bias lawsuit and keep your job. Step three is hiring a competent athletic director who will not just roll over for KF.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I didn't realize it was 5 years. I thought it was only a couple years he had been at the post. Just seemed like it was too soon for someone to be appointed in such a position and then leave.

What narrative was I trying to create?

Put SlowSharts and STRoach on ignore.

• Informative
Reactions: SCNCY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I didn't realize it was 5 years. I thought it was only a couple years he had been at the post. Just seemed like it was too soon for someone to be appointed in such a position and then leave.

What narrative was I trying to create?
I knew it was at least three years because it was before I retired from ISU. Didn't realize it had been five.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Are you going to tell us now what a great president he had been? It's not cyclone v hawk thing, at least not for me. I have friends & colleagues on the faculty & staff over there. They were not happy when his appt was forced on them any more than when we got stuck with Leath. Both times the BoR ignored the input from the University search committees.
Well, Wendy was "forced" on ISU as well Not a single faculty/staff member that I know of is happy with her either. Most say she was/is unqualified.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
This is step one in things that would make me happy as an Iowa fan. Step two would be hiring a President who cares about the athletic department and fires Barta. I honestly don't know how you can cost your employer $5 million in a gender bias lawsuit and keep your job. Step three is hiring a competent athletic director who will not just roll over for KF.

Quite a few people were unhappy when Bruce was hired. Please don't get rid of Barta!! The guy couldn't find water even if he was standing in it. The guy is a clown and needs to stay!! He really cares about women!! That speech he gave when they cut the four sports was awesome!! Talk about someone with no compassion!! I've said it all along how you keep some one that cost the university that much money.

SlowStarts

Sep 14, 2020
Are you going to tell us now what a great president he had been? It's not cyclone v hawk thing, at least not for me. I have friends & colleagues on the faculty & staff over there. They were not happy when his appt was forced on them any more than when we got stuck with Leath. Both times the BoR ignored the input from the University search committees.

my favorite President is the isu one that kept crashing airplanes.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Now unemployed former Med school Prez and Hok lover?
images
the optics of him with alcohol is never good after his kid killed that couple drunk driving in the 90s.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I would also suggest one that understands promoting a research- friendly environment. The job covers academics primarily and athletics as a secondary function.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Well, Wendy was "forced" on ISU as well Not a single faculty/staff member that I know of is happy with her either. Most say she was/is unqualified.
I've heard those rumblings. I knew her back when she was a freshly minted entomology prof but we lost touch after a while.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
I hope they hire a person who cares about the Athletic Department and cans Barta. If they get rid of Barta, they can find another Bump Elliot.