Bruce Feldman evidently has FBI sources ...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Didn't he tweet a few days ago that one of the bigger names to get in trouble is someone doing studio work now? That's been bugging me ever since, trying to decide who that may be.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
**** Vitale‏Verified account @DickieV Oct 5
More
Just talked to a coach who said there will be some scary developments from the @FBI investigation .

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Didn't he tweet a few days ago that one of the bigger names to get in trouble is someone doing studio work now? That's been bugging me ever since, trying to decide who that may be.
Is what Calhoun's doing count as work?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
That loud noise you just heard was the entire Kansas fan base shatting themselves at the same time.
Over what? Let me ask it this way...

Which is more likely, that this college football sports writer has an inside source within an FBI investigation willing to leak information to him about upcoming arrests or that thus college football sports writer was told by some coach that he thought some other coaches were going to get busted?

Come on, people. This mentions nothing about KU so I have no reason (and have made no attempt) to defend KU. Just ask whether you REALLY think this guy had some sort of "inside info".

• Funny
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
A young KnappShack saw the local Juco basketball coach hand a recruit a few boxes of shoes as he put him on a plane.

Then he pulled out a big wad of cash and started counting it off. Asked the kid if that was enough.

Must not have been as coach peeled off a few more notes.

Kind of not surprised by any basketball related dirt after that

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
sca46_zpsbxtbm2i2.gif

Wanna borrow mine? :D
Orang not listening.jpg

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006

Which is more likely, that this college football sports writer has an inside source within an FBI investigation willing to leak information to him about upcoming arrests or that thus college football sports writer was told by some coach that he thought some other coaches were going to get busted?

Come on, people. This mentions nothing about KU so I have no reason (and have made no attempt) to defend KU. Just ask whether you REALLY think this guy had some sort of "inside info".

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

Dickie V is a basketball dude. He said he's getting his information from basketball coaches.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

I guess we will find out, won't we...

I have no idea one way or the other, but I'm curious about your feelings on this.

Do you think KU is innocent? I'm not saying they are guilty.

It's a yes or no question. Does KU get implicated in this?

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Enjoying KU fans with their fingers in their ears and they eyes shut tight. We even have an example in this thread!

Fun developments. Hopefully basketball is made fair for the schools that follow the rules, like Iowa State. When people like Bill Self are involved in six- or seven-figure corruption at a university that receives federal funding... Look out

Rough

May 20, 2017
They’re human, so yes, they do. May be more disciplined than the average bears, but it absolutely happens.
If word like this gets out it's because an agent casually told a coach in the interview room that there's more coming, and said coach runs with it.

You're an idiot if you think they start getting loose lips when talking with a rando.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Dickie V is a basketball dude. He said he's getting his information from basketball coaches.
Exactly. We are the middle of the most important period of the '18 recruiting cycle. Let's take PURELY AS AN EXAMPLE Devon Dotson. A top 20 recruit who will be making his decision between Maryland and Kansas in the next week or so. If you were an assistant coach at Maryland, wouldn't you think that a few comments to people like this that "you hear things are getting ready to go down and some big names are going to get busted" would help plant some doubt in Dotson's head?

Then you follow up with a "we're with Under Armour so you don't have to worry about your coach getting arrested" whisper in the kids ear. Again, I use this group of people and coaches only as an example.

There is no doubt in my mind that a lot of assistant coaches around the country are working this angle to try to improve their chances to land recruits and I would bet that most of the "sources" of the recent "things are coming" stories are actually coaches trying to increase their chances to land recruits.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If word like this gets out it's because an agent casually told a coach in the interview room that there's more coming, and said coach runs with it.

You're an idiot if you think they start getting loose lips when talking with a rando.

Information leaks all the time. That's just a fact. You can believe that they've hired a race of super humans, but they haven't.

Reactions: FinalFourCy