Bruce Feldman evidently has FBI sources ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
"I'm told" does not mean he has FBI sources. It probably means some coach he has been chewing the fat with is convinced that this is true and spoke to him ss if he knew it to be true. No one is going to call Feldman on being wrong so nothing risked by throwing a baseless "certainty" out there.

Feldman covers college football. This is clickbait.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
"I'm told" does not mean he has FBI sources. It probably means some coach he has been chewing the fat with is convinced that this is true and spoke to him ss if he knew it to be true. No one is going to call Feldman on being wrong so nothing risked by throwing a baseless "certainty" out there.

876523_orig.jpg

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

I'm told KU is a the top of the list.

Reactions: Go2Guy

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

this-is-fine.0.jpg

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

This story is bringing out all the football writers. Pat Forde had this little gem 3 days ago:

If federal investigators are able to leverage full cooperation out of the 10 men who have been charged with crimes, and they start naming names of others involved in payola scams that break laws or violate NCAA rules, the ripple effect could be devastating.

I think when all is said and done there is going to be 100-plus coaches involved,” said one college coach.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-ba...pletely-change-coaching-market-043603699.html

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Someone is worried.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Does the FBI really leak things to anyone? Even if they do are they leaking it to sports reporters? I doubt it.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Does the FBI really leak things to anyone? Even if they do are they leaking it to sports reporters? I doubt it.
Exactly. This is likely just speculation from rival coaches recruiting against the big name coaches in an attempt to snag recruits with a "that coach might not even be there next year" pitch.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
That loud noise you just heard was the entire Kansas fan base shatting themselves at the same time.

• Funny
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Interesting to me that this is a New York prosecutor's office where, outside of Syracuse, there's not a lot of basketball pressure.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Maybe the FBI hasn't been getting many valid calls on their tip line like they were expecting, so they leak to a reporter that indictments are coming soon in hopes of getting new dirt.