Brock Purdy is the most clutch player in the state of Iowa's history

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Reminds me a lot of Drew Tate if looking for comps to modern IOWA QBs. That is a huge compliment coming from an IOWA fan. Drew’s team really missed on expectations his senior year, but a lot of things went the wrong way at the wrong times.

Brock is a great playmaker with his feet, better than Drew, but Drew was better at the long ball and in traffic.

I’m not saying Tate was better, but Brock has Breece and Drew had Sam Brownlee who led the team with 275 yards rushing.

Drew won a B10 title and it is equivalent to Brock’s B12 reg season title because they didn’t have title games then, . Brock got a Fiesta bowl ring.
I'm not sure I buy the comparison because Purdy is so much better than Tate ever was

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm not sure I buy the comparison because Purdy is so much better than Tate ever was
Yeah, I don't get what the love for Tate is. He is probably only the 3rd or 4th best QB in the Ferentz era. And to compare him to the best in Iowa State history is laughable.

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
Yeah, I don't get what the love for Tate is. He is probably only the 3rd or 4th best QB in the Ferentz era. And to compare him to the best in Iowa State history is laughable.

The best in ISU history never hoisted a B12 championship trophy, but Tate did. What are your measurable? I need to understand what makes him the best. Seneca is easily the best ISU QB I’ve ever seen as a person who has watched about 35 CyHawks.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
The best in ISU history never hoisted a B12 championship trophy, but Tate did. What are your measurable? I need to understand what makes him the best. Seneca is easily the best ISU QB I’ve ever seen as a person who has watched about 35 CyHawks.

Just when and where did Tate hoist a B12 championship trophy?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So you base all your opinions on one game, lol. SB syndrome of these Hawkeyes.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I admit that I don’t watch all Cyclone games, but conference championships mean something. That’s our SB, Homeboy.

So you haven’t been to a super bowl since the 50’s then?

oh technically I guess 85, where a mediocre ucla team treated you like the bills.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Yeah, right. How many other boards are you on in the big ten?

I asked that earlier. I even asked them to name another big 10 board.

The only big guy that ever answered was the Michigan State fan.

they’re so sad and insecure

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
I asked that earlier. I even asked them to name another big 10 board.

The only big guy that ever answered was the Michigan State fan.

they’re so sad and insecure

Message boards? I only contribute to one other board and that is Hawkeye Report. I like the Off Topic here and the In-State Rivals though. Always good banter!

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Reminds me a lot of Drew Tate if looking for comps to modern IOWA QBs. That is a huge compliment coming from an IOWA fan. Drew’s team really missed on expectations his senior year, but a lot of things went the wrong way at the wrong times.

Brock is a great playmaker with his feet, better than Drew, but Drew was better at the long ball and in traffic.

I’m not saying Tate was better, but Brock has Breece and Drew had Sam Brownlee who led the team with 275 yards rushing.

Drew won a B10 title and it is equivalent to Brock’s B12 reg season title because they didn’t have title games then, . Brock got a Fiesta bowl ring.

That said, the most clutch player ever in the state is Dallas Clark. In-state walk-on, won games for the Hawks with his unbelievable abilities and then got All-pro status and rings. Less impactful than a QB on every play, but impacted many games.
Brock Purdy never threw an interception and immediately followed that up by aiming his body headfirst at the opposing player and knocking himself out.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
So you are basing it on one moment, not one game, year, or career? You guys are so “Together” it almost hurts.
But it is my favorite memory of little Drew. The dazed look on his face as he sat on the bench staring off onto space, wondering who he was, where he was, and when his lunch would be ready. The hoks came in with a top ten rating and were completely crushed. So yes, it was great.

• Dislike
Reactions: JP4CY