Brock Purdy is the most clutch player in the state of Iowa's history

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Glad for everything the kid has done for the program but he’s not clutch. He has a 6’6 tight end that no one can guard that he’s been able to throw to his whole career.
This is dumb. So since Rodgers has Davonte Adams, he isn’t clutch. When tim Brady had randy Moss he wasn’t clutch? Kyler Murray wasn’t since he had Lamb. Olave playing means no OSU qb can be clutch.

Congrats on winning the dumb post of the day award.

Reactions: CyTwins

KF4CY

Nov 23, 2021
This is dumb. So since Rodgers has Davonte Adams, he isn’t clutch. When tim Brady had randy Moss he wasn’t clutch? Kyler Murray wasn’t since he had Lamb. Olave playing means no OSU qb can be clutch.

Congrats on winning the dumb post of the day award.
Look, he’s had the safe blanket his entire career. There is a reason the offense struggles when he’s hurt. I’m not saying Purdy is bad or needs Kolar to be good but he’s had the benefit of having an elite tight end. And speaking about clutch, he tries too hard at time which leads to costly turnovers. Last two games against OU come to mind

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Look, he’s had the safe blanket his entire career. There is a reason the offense struggles when he’s hurt. I’m not saying Purdy is bad or needs Kolar to be good but he’s had the benefit of having an elite tight end. And speaking about clutch, he tries too hard at time which leads to costly turnovers. Last two games against OU come to mind
He's also had the disadvantage of playing behind a pretty poor OL his whole career which leads to him "trying too hard". He's the best to ever play QB at Iowa State and the best to do it ever in the state of Iowa

KF4CY

Nov 23, 2021
He's also had the disadvantage of playing behind a pretty poor OL his whole career which leads to him "trying too hard". He's the best to ever play QB at Iowa State and the best to do it ever in the state of Iowa
Honestly that speaks to how poor of a history ISU has. He’s had a decent oline, it’s when he tries to extend plays outside of the pocket that he has made costly errors. I think we are going to be really surprised when it is Dekkers time.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Honestly that speaks to how poor of a history ISU has. He’s had a decent oline, it’s when he tries to extend plays outside of the pocket that he has made costly errors. I think we are going to be really surprised when it is Dekkers time.
His numbers would shatter records at a lot of schools and hes made some great plays when extended them outside of the pocket

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Just leave, practice for a while, and come back with a different name.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I’m not trolling here. Listen, he’s the best QB in history, part of the reason is ISU poor history and modern play style. I just don’t think he’s a clutch player, all I’m saying here
He's better than any QB in Iowa football history too

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

This is really stupid.

• Dumb
Reactions: DhaCheann

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
He's better than any QB in Iowa football history too

Reminds me a lot of Drew Tate if looking for comps to modern IOWA QBs. That is a huge compliment coming from an IOWA fan. Drew’s team really missed on expectations his senior year, but a lot of things went the wrong way at the wrong times.

Brock is a great playmaker with his feet, better than Drew, but Drew was better at the long ball and in traffic.

I’m not saying Tate was better, but Brock has Breece and Drew had Sam Brownlee who led the team with 275 yards rushing.

Drew won a B10 title and it is equivalent to Brock’s B12 reg season title because they didn’t have title games then, . Brock got a Fiesta bowl ring.

That said, the most clutch player ever in the state is Dallas Clark. In-state walk-on, won games for the Hawks with his unbelievable abilities and then got All-pro status and rings. Less impactful than a QB on every play, but impacted many games.