Brock Purdy is the most clutch player in the state of Iowa's history

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
He reminds me of watching Alex Smith with the Chiefs.
That's actually not a bad comparison. And remember Alex played pretty well in his career, and got better his last two years with Kansas City under Andy Reid.

He was good enough that Washington traded for him or signed him. Then the ugly leg injury. :confused:

Man if Brock could be as good as Alex in the pros that would be great. But I know what you mean.

Reactions: deadeyededric

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
He's been good - at the same time - how many other quarterbacks would have a good home record with the teams he's been a part of? quarterbacks obviously have a large amount to do with wins but he's also had a defense that has consistently ranked top 5 if not top 3 in the league, two NFL early round running backs and other NFL talent on the team around him.

That's an impressive mark and he's had a large part in achieving it - but I think if you took Sage, or Seneca and put them on this team for 4 years IMO - they'd probably have had a similar success story. Its like wins for a starting pitcher - unless your DeGrom with no run support -its a stat that places more individual credit than what there really is because we're 3-3 against non-conference teams at home.

now 18-4 is still really good but it just goes to my point -we can manipulate stats any way we want to tell a story. like campbell is the greatest coach in Iowa State history and beats everyone - but his in-state rival.

Brock's a decorated quarterback that has done a lot of good things at Iowa State. But like all positions, its a symbiotic relationship where just as he has helped the team win games during his time here, he has also benefited from having arguably the most consistently good Iowa State roster top to bottom and coaching staff around him to help him achieve these records.

If he played on the Cyclones during the Walden years = I don't we are seeing him set records. To me, that's what made Troy Davis special. We were mostly a one trick pony and yet he still ran for 2,000.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
He's been good - at the same time - how many other quarterbacks would have a good home record with the teams he's been a part of? quarterbacks obviously have a large amount to do with wins but he's also had a defense that has consistently ranked top 5 if not top 3 in the league, two NFL early round running backs and other NFL talent on the team around him.

That's an impressive mark and he's had a large part in achieving it - but I think if you took Sage, or Seneca and put them on this team for 4 years IMO - they'd probably have had a similar success story. Its like wins for a starting pitcher - unless your DeGrom with no run support -its a stat that places more individual credit than what there really is because we're 3-3 against non-conference teams at home.

now 18-4 is still really good but it just goes to my point -we can manipulate stats any way we want to tell a story. like campbell is the greatest coach in Iowa State history and beats everyone - but his in-state rival.

Brock's a decorated quarterback that has done a lot of good things at Iowa State. But like all positions, its a symbiotic relationship where just as he has helped the team win games during his time here, he has also benefited from having arguably the most consistently good Iowa State roster top to bottom and coaching staff around him to help him achieve these records.

If he played on the Cyclones during the Walden years = I don't we are seeing him set records. To me, that's what made Troy Davis special. We were mostly a one trick pony and yet he still ran for 2,000.

I’m guessing you didn’t realize this, but the offensive side of the ball on that first McCarney team, something like 10 of the starters played professional football of some type (nfl, Europe, or arena).

The idea was to feature a running back to help with future recruiting of course as he was starting to build a program.

but the idea that it was Troy and a bunch of Iowa 2A high school football players was grossly overstated.

my favorite line from Mac was that there were about 15 D 1 players on the roster when they got here. The irony of that statement is that when he left, there were about 15 D 1 players on that roster too

the true circle of life

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

He's been the best QB in the Big 12 the last two years. Lol get out of here with this nonsense

Help Support Us

Become a patron