Brock Purdy is the most clutch player in the state of Iowa's history

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Take the joke and roll with it.

FWIW, an article exploring who potentially is/is not a blue blood.
What does it mean to be a college football blue blood?
Schools mentioned:
Clemson, Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, Nebraska, Miami, Kansas State, Florida State, Notre Dame and USC

Teams not mentioned:
Iowa, Wisconsin and for good measure incase you think I'm delusional, Iowa State
Kansas State and Nebraska not blue bloods.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Reactions: davegilbertson

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
The article said K-State was allowed into the clubhouse as a visitor for a couple of years then booted when the winning declined. The permanent members of the Bluebloods are the top 12 on this list: https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2019/09/12/college-football-most-valuable-clemson-texas-am/?sh=69a42513a2e7#:~:text=Michigan, Alabama and Ohio State round out the,ranks among the top five in sponsorship income. In general, they have their pick of coaches and recruits. TV adds to their value because they are given coverage based on their name.
A ton of people have added Iowa and Wisc into the cool kids club along with KSU as well. I don’t remember ever getting formally uninvited so I guess we still are. It’s pretty sweet.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
A ton of people have added Iowa and Wisc into the cool kids club along with KSU as well. I don’t remember ever getting formally uninvited so I guess we still are. It’s pretty sweet.
You just keep telling yourself whatever you need to hear. The Hawkeye team wouldn't be so bad if they didn't come with Hawkeye fans.

• Haha
Reactions: Lemmiwinks

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
when a delusional fan who spends most of his working hours lurking/posting on his biggest rivals website thinks the power that be will send him personal emails regarding uofi's status.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
when a delusional fan who spends most of his working hours lurking/posting on his biggest rivals website thinks the power that be will send him personal emails regarding uofi's status.
You're crushing it Dave.

3vh0.gif

I retract my blueblood proclamation. I should have known that Myah Taylor at Yahoo Sports probably wouldn't clue me in. I'll concede the point.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
You're crushing it Dave.

3vh0.gif

I retract my blueblood proclamation. I should have known that Myah Taylor at Yahoo Sports probably wouldn't clue me in. I'll concede the point.
likewise. you're really showing everyone. your friends and family will be greatly impressed at all your posts on CycloneFanatic.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not shaming or wanting to cause a fuss. But can someone find a link of Purdy's best throw as a Cyclone. I'm trying to find a ball in the air for 35+ yards
35 yards? He threw one like 55 yards vs Texas to Jones who was wide open waiting for it. I still think his best throw might have been his TD pass in his first game at Oklahoma State to Butler.

He had a sick throw to Hutchinson at Oklahoma State last year and then his game at Oklahoma his sophomore year has multiple. His pass to Wilson vs Iowa Saturday was great too

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
35 yards? He threw one like 55 yards vs Texas to Jones who was wide open waiting for it. I still think his best throw might have been his TD pass in his first game at Oklahoma State to Butler.

He had a sick throw to Hutchinson at Oklahoma State last year and then his game at Oklahoma his sophomore year has multiple. His pass to Wilson vs Iowa Saturday was great too

This is what I have always wondered about Purdy. Dude can scramble, has great pocket-sense, can throw to the edge, but I have never seen a clean post, bomb, or 35+ yard flag. I’d love video proof. I’ll shut-up once I see it.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
This is what I have always wondered about Purdy. Dude can scramble, has great pocket-sense, can throw to the edge, but I have never seen a clean post, bomb, or 35+ yard flag. I’d love video proof. I’ll shut-up once I see it.
He had a rather long TD pass against Iowa in 2019.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I think they have to let Purdy be Purdy.

At his best he's an improvisor but with that you get some mistakes. Early in his career the good far outweighed the bad.

Might be that by trying to eliminate the bad they've hindered that improvisation......

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I think he has adequate arm strength for a college QB but it will definitely be put to question when he's evaluated by NFL scouts if he chooses to enter the draft after this season.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

Do you think there's a chance Purdy comes back for next season?

Help Support Us

Become a patron